How many times have you sat there and thought about getting a 3D Scanner? If you are in to 3D printing then it’s probably a lot. If you go online and look for a 3D scanner you will find a lot of them with extremely high price tags. From $120 - $32,000. Seems a bit crazy on the high end but you are paying for the resolution. The idea behind a 3D scanner is that you use a laser that bounces back to a camera to tell it the contours of the model. Well what does a Kinect do? It scans a body for motion tracking using lasers and a camera. BINGO, there is a 3D scanner waiting to be used.
In Juanuary 2008 Apple announced the original Macbook Air and within months everyone wanted one just to be seen with it. It was as much a computing device as it was a fashion statement. There have been a few devices of this kind over the years, devices you wanted to be seen with. The new Lenovo Yoga Book is such a device, it begs to be picked up, and you want it to be looked at. The Yoga Book brings innovation to tablets and 2 in 1's as well as an impressive feature list, and it does it all with style.
Megacon 2016 is here and brings with it a huge turnout of cosplay, celebrity appearances, and some of the coolest merchandise you can get your hands on. From rare collectibles to clothing and that perfect accessory for your costume, Megacon has it all. This show is one not to be missed and there were attendees from all over the USA and other countries.
Fresh From The TechwareLabs
Announcement written by: Jason Jacobs on Mar 29 2017, 9:01 am
2017 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 1
Gathers Twelve Top Modders Worldwide to Reinvent The Tower 900
Taipei, Taiwan－March 29th, 2017－The biggest modding competition of the year, the 2017 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 1 is back! This is the third annual installment of this international event. Thermaltake, a leading brand in CaseMOD community, is proud to invite twelve of the world’s excellent casemodders from Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Philippines, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States to join this season. Contestants will use Tt Certified liquid cooling components and the Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold fully modular power supply to transform The Tower 900 E-ATX Vertical Super Tower Chassis into an own creation!
More details about the event can be found at: http://casemod.thermaltake.com/2017s1/
The 2017 Thermaltake CaseMod Invitational Season 1 Modder Introduction Video:
Announcement written by: Jason Jacobs on Mar 28 2017, 9:35 am
RAZER LAUNCHES THE NEW RAZER BLADE PRO: THE WORLD’S FIRST THX® CERTIFIED GAMING LAPTOP
For Release on March 28, 2017, at 6 a.m. PDT
IRVINE, (Calif.) – Razer™, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced the new Razer Blade Pro laptop. It is the first laptop to be qualified for THX® Mobile Certification, an accreditation reserved for high-performance mobile phones, tablets and laptops. THX Certification covers the display and audio output of Razer’s flagship computer.
Through the processes of THX, the Razer Blade Pro screen is calibrated and tested for resolution, color accuracy and video playback performance. The result of the exercise is an unrivaled viewing experience in any instance, whether a person is playing an FPS game or enjoying a special effects-packed movie.
Similarly, the audio jack on the new Razer Blade Pro met THX requirements for voltage output, frequency response, distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and crosstalk that guarantees clear sound through headphones.
“The Razer Blade Pro is a top-level laptop providing an excellent THX viewing mode and audio experience,” says Ty Ahmad-Taylor, CEO of THX. “It can easily handle extreme gaming and content creation with exceptional mobile audio and visual performance.”
The new Razer Blade Pro features an overclocked 7th generation Intel® Core™ i7 quad core processor that boosts performance for hardcore gamers, VR enthusiasts, developers and creative professionals. Razer Synapse software allows users to choose when to run the system in overclock mode. The new Razer Blade Pro also uses faster 32 GB DDR4 system memory than its predecessor: 2667MHz vs. 2133MHz previously.
For extreme graphics and virtual reality programs, the Razer Blade Pro is the thinnest laptop with the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 GPU. Users are able to play games in ultra-high settings with 4K resolution.
“The Blade Pro was recently hailed as the ultimate Windows laptop, and we’ve leveled-up on our previous achievements with certification by THX,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer CEO and co-founder. “Each refinement of the Razer Blade Pro moves us closer to an ultimate desktop replacement.”
The THX Certified Razer Blade Pro features a 17.3-inch 4K IGZO monitor equipped with NVIDIA G-SYNC™ technology for the smoothest possible framerates during gaming and video playback. The display offers 100 percent Adobe RGB color accuracy to deliver stunning visuals for gamers and graphic designers. Other highlights include storage of up to 2 TB of PCIe M.2 SSD in RAID 0 configuration, a built-in SD card reader, advanced connectivity options through three USB 3.0 ports, and a Thunderbolt™ 3 port.
The Razer Blade Pro is uniquely equipped with Ultra-Low-Profile Mechanical switches with true actuation and reset points. Presses are registered with 65 grams of force, mimicking the feel of full-size mechanical keyboards. The keyboard and trackpad are Powered by Razer Chroma™. This tri-color LED technology affords virtually endless lighting effects that can be customized and synced with in-game events.
While other similarly equipped laptops are more than two inches thick and 10 pounds, the new Blade Pro has a CNC aluminum chassis that is 0.88 inches thin and eight pounds. Its 250 W AC adapter was likewise designed with mobility in mind, affording a smaller footprint than similarly powered laptops.
The new Razer Blade Pro will be available in April in the USA and Europe on Razerzone.com and at select retailers. It is expected to ship worldwide later that month. For more information, visit razerzone.com/bladepro.
Starting Price: US$3,999.99 / C$5799.99 / £3,799.99 / €4,499.99
USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France
Razerzone.com and select retailers: April 2017
Worldwide: April 2017
- THX® Certified Mobile Device
- Intel® Core i7-7820HK Quad-Core Processor (2.9 GHz / 3.9 GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
- 17.3-in. IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
- 32 GB Dual-Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2667 MHz)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer DoubleShot™ Pro:
o Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
o Killer™ E2500 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo audio port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Array microphone
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 250 W power adapter
- Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 7.69 lbs. / 3.49 kg
For more information about the Razer Blade Pro, please visit www.razerzone.com/bladepro
Thermaltake Releases New View 28 RGB Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis Series with Tt LCS Certified and Unique 256-Color RGB Matrix DesignAnnouncement written by: Jason Jacobs on Mar 27 2017, 10:42 pm
Thermaltake Releases New View 28 RGB Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis Series with Tt LCS Certified and Unique 256-Color RGB Matrix Design
Gaze Into Infinity
Taipei, Taiwan－March 28th 2017－Thermaltake today revealed an all-new lineup of wraparound window designed case, the View 28 RGB Riing Edition Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis and the View 28 RGB Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis, that is designed for users to show off their ultimate PC system.
These latest chassis both feature tinted front panel with a controllable 256-color RGB LEDs matrix, give users gorgeous galaxy look whilst adding incredibly stunning visual perspective to the system. The View 28 RGB Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis Series has large internal space for air/liquid cooling solutions allows users to mount up to three 120mm fans and a 360mm radiator in the front; a 120mm fan and radiator in the rear. Moreover, both chassis come with an integrated power supply shroud for clean cable management, and also supports advanced floating GPU mounting system as well as all high-end PC hardware. The difference between these two chassis is View 28 RGB Riing Edition Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis included a built-in Riing RGB fan, while View 28 RGB Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis has a preinstalled 120mm exhaust fan.
The View 28 RGB Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis Series is now available for online ordering. Please contact the local Thermaltake sales representative for further information.
For more details on the Thermaltake View 28 RGB Riing Edition Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis, please visit:
For more details on the Thermaltake View 28 RGB Gull-Wing Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis, please visit:
Where to Buy:
Announcement written by: Jason Jacobs on Mar 27 2017, 7:16 pmNew features & improvements of AIDA64 v5.90
– AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Ryzen “Summit Ridge” processors
– Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update support
– Optimized 64-bit benchmarks for Intel “Apollo Lake” SoC
– Improved support for Intel “Cannonlake”, “Coffee Lake”, “Denverton”, “Kaby Lake-X”, “Skylake-X” CPUs
– Preliminary support for AMD Zen server processors
– Preliminary support for Intel “Gemini Lake” SoC and “Knights Mill” HPC CPU
– NZXT Kraken X52 sensor support
– Socket AM4 motherboards support
– Improved support for Intel B250, H270, Q270 and Z270 chipset based motherboards
– EastRising ER-OLEDM032 (SSD1322) OLED support
– SMBIOS 3.1.1 support
– Crucial M600, Crucial MX300, Intel Pro 5400s, SanDisk Plus, WD Blue SSD support
– Improved support for Samsung NVMe SSDs
– Advanced support for HighPoint RocketRAID 27xx RAID controllers
– GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Quadro GP100, Tesla P6What’s new since AIDA64 v5.00
– AVX and FMA accelerated FP32 and FP64 ray tracing benchmarks
– Vulkan graphics accelerator diagnostics
– RemoteSensor smartphone and tablet LCD integration
– Logitech Arx Control smartphone and tablet LCD integration
– Proper DPI scaling to better support high-resolution LCD and OLED displays
– AVX and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD A-Series “Bristol Ridge” and “Carrizo” APUs
– AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for Intel “Broadwell”, “Kaby Lake” and “Skylake” CPUs
– AVX and SSE accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD “Nolan” APU
– Optimized 64-bit benchmarks for Intel “Braswell” and “Cherry Trail” processors
– Preliminary support for AMD Zen APUs
– Advanced SMART disk health monitoring
– Hot Keys to switch LCD pages, start or stop logging, show or hide SensorPanel
– Corsair K65, Corsair K70, Corsair K95, Corsair Strafe, Logitech G13, Logitech G19, Logitech G19s, Logitech G910, Razer Chroma RGB LED keyboard support
– Corsair, Logitech, Razer RGB LED mouse support
– Corsair and Razer RGB LED mousepad support
– AlphaCool Heatmaster II, Aquaduct, Aquaero, AquaStream Ultimate, AquaStream XT, Farbwerk, MPS, NZXT GRID+ V2, PowerAdjust 2, PowerAdjust 3 sensor devices support
– Improved Corsair Link sensor support
– NZXT Kraken water cooling sensor support
– Corsair AXi, Corsair HXi, Corsair RMi, Enermax Digifanless, Thermaltake DPS-G power supply unit sensor support
– Support for Gravitech, LCD Smartie Hardware, Leo Bodnar, Modding-FAQ, Noteu, Odospace, Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panel, Saitek X52 Pro, UCSD LCD devices
– Portrait mode support for AlphaCool and Samsung SPF LCDs
– SensorPanel and LCD: right-to-left bars, static label control strings
– 0.01 Celsius temperature measurement resolution for select sensor items
– System certificates information
– Support for LGA-1151 motherboards
– Support for USB 3.1 peripherals
– Extended ACPI table decoding
– Advanced support for Adaptec and Marvell RAID controllers
– Autodetect information and SMART drive health monitoring for Intel and Samsung NVMe SSDs
– ACPI 6.1, CUDA 8.0, OpenCL 2.1, OpenGL ES 3.2, SMBIOS 3.0, VirtualBox v5.0 support
– Corsair Neutron XT, Crucial BX100, Crucial BX200, Crucial MX200, Kingston HyperX Predator, Kingston HyperX Savage, Kingston SSDNow UV300, Kingston SSDNow UV400, Lite-On MU II, OCZ Trion 100, OCZ Vector 180, Plextor M6V, Samsung CM871, Samsung PM851, Samsung PM871, SanDisk Ultra II, SanDisk X400, SanDisk Z400s, SK Hynix SC300 SSD support
– Improved support for Intel NVMe SSDs
– GPU details for AMD Radeon Rx 300, RX 400 and R9 Fury Series
– GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 950, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 1000 Series, GeForce GTX Titan X, Quadro M3000M, Quadro M5000M, Tesla M60, Tesla P100
Announcement written by: Jason Jacobs on Mar 20 2017, 11:25 am
Kingston Digital Ships Second-most SSDs in Channel Worldwide in 2016
- 16 Percent Market Share
- Data Compiled by Industry Research Firm Forward Insights
Fountain Valley, CA – March 20, 2017 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it owns 16 percent of the global channel SSD unit market share for 2016. Data was compiled by the research firm, Forward Insights, which has been analyzing the non-volatile semiconductor industry since 2008. Forward Insights has been at the forefront of providing independent market analysis and information to many manufacturers including Kingston.
According to Forward Insights, a total of 63 million SSDs were shipped worldwide in the channel in 2016 with Kingston® accounting for nearly 10.1 million units. The amount represented 16 percent or second-most in the global market, showing Kingston’s growth as one of the top suppliers of SSDs. The sales channel is comprised of distributors, resellers, retail/e-tail, system builders and solutions providers.
“The desire to switch to SSDs continues to grow as consumers and corporate customers alike see the performance benefits of upgrading from hard-disk drives,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “For nearly 30 years, Kingston’s focus and core sales strength has been with our channel partners worldwide. Our terrific relationship with them has helped make our SSD business grow globally since we shipped our first drive in 2009. The latest results from Forward Insights help validate these efforts and we certainly share this success with our channel partners.”
“Our research showed third-party SSD manufacturers accounted for 60 percent of all channel shipments last year as a number of the semiconductor-based vendors de-emphasized their channel business,” said Gregory Wong, president & principal analyst, Forward Insights. “Although under allocation since mid-Q2 2016, channel shipments as a whole remained strong and Kingston was one of the top leaders in this category.”
For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston can be found on:
Announcement written by: Jason Jacobs on Mar 16 2017, 2:44 pm
EVGA SC17 Gaming Laptop – Now with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
March 16th, 2017 – The EVGA SC17 1070 G-SYNC Gaming Laptop has arrived. Sporting a 4K-ready IPS panel with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, this high performance laptop was meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore gamers, performance enthusiasts, and even overclockers. No shortcuts here. This new EVGA SC17 1070 laptop also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, which provides you more of what you want in a gaming experience with smooth, tear-free gameplay.
EVGA SC17 1070 G-SYNC is Built for Enthusiasts
- Express OC (EOC) – Instantly overclock with express button
- True GUI BIOS – Overclocking controls and enthusiast features
- Clear CMOS button – Built directly on chassis
EVGA is known for performance hardware, and the EVGA SC17 1070 laptop is no exception. An Intel Core i7 6820HK Unlocked Process combined with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics gives you unbelievable performance in the latest games.
An aluminum unibody design and thin 1.07in thickness makes this one of the sleekest laptops around.
4K UHD Display
An IPS display capable of delivering up to 4K resolution for crystal clear graphics and wide viewing angles. When its time to game, the GTX 1070 will take full advantage of the display’s integrated G-SYNC technology to make your gaming smooth and beautiful.
Built to Overclock
Overclocking on a laptop? Seems like a myth but we have nothing to hide here. A full GUI BIOS with full control over CPU Multipliers, Voltage, Memory Timings, Frequency and even GPU overclocking right inside the BIOS. The EVGA SC17 1070 G-SYNC Gaming Laptop even ships with EVGA PrecisionX Mobile to also give you complete control in Windows!
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK Unlocked
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
- Memory: 32GB G.Skill 2666MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM (16GBx2)
- Display: 17.3in 4K UHD IPS G-SYNC Panel
- Storage: 256GB M.2 NVMe PCI-E SSD + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6G
Learn more and buy now at www.evga.com/sc17