Speak Softly and Carry a Big…Case?
When you ask people to think of companies that make quality cases, Antec is one of the names that springs to mind almost immediately. The Antec Sonata case was one of the first commercially produced cases designed to virtually eliminate noise. While the Sonata and its successors do that job quite well, one area they’ve typically fallen short on is cooling. Antec’s answer to this was the P180, a case that managed to be quiet and provide high airflow.
Continuing in this line, Antec’s latest offering is the P193, the first of the Performance One cases to support the Extended ATX form factor. Soon, we’ll have a look at this case, and see whether it delivers on its promises. First though, let’s look at what it’s promising.
Larger and more versatile, the Antec P193 stands apart from the competition with room to handle the biggest hardware out there. Together with the cooling features and Quiet Computing™ technologies that the Performance One series is renowned for, the P193 is truly in a class all its own.
Features & Specifications
* Dual chamber design isolates heat and noise: the power supply resides in a separate chamber to isolate heat and reduce system noise
* Fits heatsink fans up to 140mm: the P193′s superior cooling eliminates the need for larger heatsinks
* No power supply included
* Power supply option: comes with a power supply mounting adapter to mount either a standard size power supply or Antec’s exclusive CP Series power supply
* Innovative two-layer, sound-deadening side panels (steel, polycarbonate) and three-layer front door (aluminum, plastic, aluminum) dampen noise and ensure Quiet Computing™
* 11 drive bays
- External 4 x 5.25″; 1 x 3.5″
- Internal 6 x 3.5″ for HDD
* Cooling system:
- 1 rear (standard) 120mm x 25mm exhaust TriCool™ fan
- 2 top (standard) 140mm x 25mm exhaust TriCool™ fan
- 1 lower front chamber (optional) 120mm fan for HDD
- 1 side (standard) 200mm fan for dual graphics cards
- 1 upper front (optional) 120mm fan for HDD
- 1 middle (optional) 120mm fan for graphic cards
* Cable organizers behind motherboard tray minimize cable clutter
* Front-mounted ports provide convenient connections:
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x eSATA
- Audio In and Out (HDA and AC97 compatible)
* Double hinged door opens up to 270º
* 7 expansion slots
* 0.8mm cold rolled steel chassis for durability
* Compatible Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX and Extended ATX
* Net weight: 35.8 lbs / 16.25 kg
* Gross weigh: 41.7 lbs / 18.9 kg
* Case dimensions:
- 20.25″ (H) x 8.1″ (W) x 23.25″ (D)
- Actual clearance needed for width is 9.5″ due to the side panel fan
- 51.4 cm (H) x 20.5 cm (W) x 59 cm (D)
* Package dimensions:
- 13.25″ (H) x 25.8″ (W) x 28.75″ (D)
- 33.7 cm (H) x 65.5 cm (W) x 73 cm (D)
* Whats new in the P193:
- Front door vents, as well as wider vents along the door frame, improve airflow into the chassis.
- Filters and filter doors are integrated as one unit. The doors themselves have been modified to provide greater airflow, resulting in cooler system temperatures.
- Drive bay covers are vented and include air filters to provide better airflow.
- Lower chamber fan is now located in front of the hard drive cage, allowing for installation of longer PSUs as well as easier cable routing between the lower HD cage and the power supply.
- The Big Boy 200™, a 200mm fan, is moved outward to give more clearance for taller heatsinks. Externally removable washable air filter allows for easier maintenance.