Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Networking

Old 02-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to KingSix
Default The best and sure way to get around bess

The best and sure way to get around bess is: have Mozilla FireFox on your flash drive and a list of alternate proxy addresses on it. If you need the list that I'm talkin about send me a message and then I'll get back to you on that. If you guys need any other questions answered, lemme know.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Junior Techie

Default Re: The best and sure way to get around bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSix
The best and sure way to get around bess is: have Mozilla FireFox on your flash drive and a list of alternate proxy addresses on it. If you need the list that I'm talkin about send me a message and then I'll get back to you on that. If you guys need any other questions answered, lemme know.
Can you please expand on this? I set up a CGI proxy on my host and it works at my school. It works for almost everything except a few sites (myspace) in which they block by wording, not URL. How can I get around the BESS filter when it filters words?
Old 02-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Junior Techie

Default Kutibah

k, you know how to change your proxy address to use the internet? You change that to wat ever ur school uses. My school uses, as their default filtered proxy, 156.63.162.7:7033. The proxy that I use to get around that useing FireFox is 156.56.103.62:3127 or 156.56.103.61:3128. So, say the proxy that ur school uses is (keep in mind for this, im making up random numbers) 198.45.59.2:8055. the one you wanna use to get around that should be (and again, im makin up random numbers) 198.23.95.56:3596. If you need the digital papers of the addresses that i ahve lemme know.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Junior Techie

Default Re: Kutibah

Quote:
k, you know how to change your proxy address to use the internet? You change that to wat ever ur school uses. My school uses, as their default filtered proxy, 156.63.162.7:7033. The proxy that I use to get around that useing FireFox is 156.56.103.62:3127 or 156.56.103.61:3128. So, say the proxy that ur school uses is (keep in mind for this, im making up random numbers) 198.45.59.2:8055. the one you wanna use to get around that should be (and again, im makin up random numbers) 198.23.95.56:3596. If you need the digital papers of the addresses that i ahve lemme know.
Ok, so the proxy that my school uses, is it the one that I get when it says "blocked" or is it the actual IP that you can get from sites like ipchicken.com? Meaning do I need the actual IP? And once I get that, you're saying that I just make some random numbers other than the first set? Oh, and how do I get the port you're showing? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Junior Techie

no, the way that you find out what the proxy address that ur school uses, is you go to, in internet explorer, Tools then to Internet Options, Connections, and then click on the button that says LAN settings. Find out what ur schools proxy is from that. Then depending on what the first three numbers of that IP is then thats one of the possible sets that you can use when or if you get the document that I can provide that has a list of proxy server IP's.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Junior Techie

Quote:
no, the way that you find out what the proxy address that ur school uses, is you go to, in internet explorer, Tools then to Internet Options, Connections, and then click on the button that says LAN settings. Find out what ur schools proxy is from that. Then depending on what the first three numbers of that IP is then thats one of the possible sets that you can use when or if you get the document that I can provide that has a list of proxy server IP's.
Ok, it would be great if you can get me the document. And sadly, when you click on "tools>internet options", it says "administrator has blocked this function." And also anything you try and install is blocked. So I wouldnt be able to remove that by another program or even install firefox. Even "Start>Run" is blocked so I can't access registry. Any ideas?

Oh and P.S., Since I can't install, would I still be able to run the Firefox through flash drive without installing?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Junior Techie

Yeah, all you have to do, is install fox on ur flashdrive at home, and then u can run it off of that at school. The way you can find out what the proxy address it at your school, is by simply asking a technology teacher or the technology director for your school, or even calling your district and ask for the district tech person and get it from them. As for that document. I can get it to you tomm. or i can attempt to try and find it now. But when you get it, all the ones HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW are U.S. PROXY addresses. So, im gonna try and find it now, and ill repost and let you know if i found it.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Junior Techie

Quote:
Yeah, all you have to do, is install fox on ur flashdrive at home, and then u can run it off of that at school. The way you can find out what the proxy address it at your school, is by simply asking a technology teacher or the technology director for your school, or even calling your district and ask for the district tech person and get it from them. As for that document. I can get it to you tomm. or i can attempt to try and find it now. But when you get it, all the ones HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW are U.S. PROXY addresses. So, im gonna try and find it now, and ill repost and let you know if i found it.
Why would they give me it? Wouldn't they be suspicious? And that gives me an idea, if I can install things on my flashdrive, I might be able to install that program which removes the security settings also on there and run it from there. And once you get me the document, please email it to:
kutibah1@pacbell.net
Thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Junior Techie

Now that I think of it, the school blocks any USB Drives or CD's. Only floppies work. I'm not 100% positive, but USB Drives MAY work. Let's just hope they do.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Junior Techie

They might give it to you, try asking that one really smart pc nerd that everyone asks questions, (no, not me. ur already askin me questions. lol ) Ummm, using a program to disable security, on school pcs, from whatyou've said, not a good idea my friend. btw, wat school do you go to. the State Pen. ???? lol