Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-03-2001, 01:24 AM
VoidedWarranty

Default Outlook 6 and XP

I've got Outlook Express v.6.00.2600.0000 and running XP Pro. OE takes about 2 mins to load after clicking on the icon to launch it. After it's loaded, everything works fine. It's just the loading. I've read articles on MS about OE5 having this problem with McAfee but I'm running Norton 2002 and the links on MS refer to OE5 files, thus not working for me ... anyone have any ideas or experiencing the same thing?
Old 12-04-2001, 02:50 PM
VoidedWarranty

Default Re: Outlook 6 and XP

This is sad, I'm replying to my own post. Anyway I found the problem. If you unistall or stop the MSN Messanger Service then everytime OE6 loads, it looks for MSN Msg and trys to load it. I found a hack on www.TweakXP.com and it is as follows:

"There has already been one suggestion for fixing Outlook's load time after uninstalling Messenger, however if you don’t feel comfortable editing the registry simply open OE, click on the Tools menu, then Options, then go to the 'Other' tab, then un-check the box at the bottom that reads "Enable instant messaging in Microsoft Outlook".
Old 12-04-2001, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

I have outlook express 6 and mcafee and i do not run in to the problem that you are having.  I am, however, having a problem with it crashing...it will freeze and i will close it and will not re-open until i restart it.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:35 PM
VoidedWarranty

Mine was due to uninstalling MSN Msg ... Don't know about your crashing. Sounds like a winders problem and not OE6 but I dunno
Old 12-05-2001, 10:11 PM
XDiGiTaLX

LOL! a microsoft product craahses because another microsoft product ! Funny shit;D
Old 12-06-2001, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

Well, it doesn't sound so much as crashing because of another Microsoft product, but more of due to an McAfee (if you are referring to admin's problem.  If you're referring to VoidedWarranty's problem, it sounds more like a problem due to the absence of a Microsoft program, that by default, isn't supposed to be able to be removed.
Old 12-06-2001, 02:32 PM
VoidedWarranty

True, MSN Msg shouldn't be removed and there are covert steps used in removing it. So when OE6 couldn't load it, it freaked and like scanned the hard drive everytime looking for it.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:25 PM
XDiGiTaLX

LOL ;D
Old 12-08-2001, 05:04 AM
Smoked1

MicroSucks WinBloze
Old 12-08-2001, 10:27 AM
XDiGiTaLX

no no... Microsocks or Micro$haft winblows-cock 98