Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 12-24-2001, 03:05 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

Default lighting up ya mouse

so long folks, today i´ve done the next mod.
i was bored and so i got an old logitech serial mouse and followed the guide @ xplosivehardware ( http://www.explosivehardware.net/articles/mousemod.htm ). it was quick done except for a quick intermezzo when i powerd the led wrong way ( xdigitalx confused me with icq, it wasn´t my faul ;D [he´ll kill me for that]) but then it worked very well. tyler (the author) mentioned that the logitechs would use 3 volts. well, i didn´t trust him ( me don´t even trust my granny) so i took my DMM (digital multimeter) and my DMM said 5 volts. ok, i thought mabe it´s different cause my mouse is a serial one. but it wasn´t. the logitechs use 3 volts, but not ´till they load windows. i went on , finished the mouse and plugged it in-> power on-> yeah it worx ->win loads -> light went out. what the hack i thought and tried it again. same.
cool, i thought, seems like i made a boot indicator. if win crashes during the 1.5 seconds after the bootscreen disappears and before windows loads i would probably know it crashed cuz the light is still on  ;D
please tell me watya think ´bout it or slap me virtually for not believing in what the guy from xplosivehardware told.
Old 12-24-2001, 05:06 PM
XDiGiTaLX

Default Re: lighting up ya mouse

what u mean by the windows part i don't get it
Old 12-24-2001, 05:47 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

ok, when windows initializes the mouse driver the internal voltage of the mouse drops to ´bout 3 volts. --> voltage too low -->led doesn´t do anything
Old 12-28-2001, 11:09 AM
XDiGiTaLX

AHHH OK Thats smart!