Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Golden Techie

Send a message via AIM to Napster
Default Apple Testimony

So my MBP was running hot... again... and crashed and wouldn't reboot. I called Apple Tech Support to see if there was anything I could do to fix the problem. I told them I was running BootCamp and they all gave me moans and groans of agony like I had committed a sin for putting XP on my Mac. They all told me that if the problem was BootCamp the warranty couldn't cover me. I am A+ certified and I said I would do it myself but they said I had to be Apple Certified... So I took my broken MBP to the Woodfield Apple Store in IL to be fixed. I met a mac genius named Sam Dresser who diagnosed my problem within 5 minutes, a faulty RAM module. He quickly ordered me a new 1GB stick of RAM and gave a stick of 256mb to hold me over in the mean time. Sam was cool, calm and a nice guy. So I wrote a really nice review to the manager concerning this employee. Sam was so cool he let me keep the small 256mb stick along with my 1GB stick. How sweet is that?