Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-03-2002, 06:29 PM
rhinocerology

Default Case Mod Screw ups!!!

hey ppl i'm new here ut that's all good
neway i think we should have a plac to post our Mod screw up's right? maybe there is one already i didn't look and i don't care

well here is my case mod screw up
i call it exhast flame

way back when well 5 years ago when i din knowmuch about computers my drafting teacher decided to select a few student and teach them how to fix some old 486's 4(wow eh??) neways the computers were from a old miningcompany that donatd them and me and a few friends got them running and then the teacher told us we could take them home, so we all scanvage some other parts to "imporove" our computers, well i snagged the old server case and decided to install an exhast fan on the top of it so i used my dad's jig saw to cut the hole (by the way the jig saw doesn't work nemore...oops) and i ran some wires from one of the lil 3 pin floppy drive power cable's and it ran fine for about 2 days until the wires got real hot (too much voltage for them) and the plastic coating melted and the wires sparked and flames came flying out of the still spinning fan at the top in the process i cooked the vid card and partly "welded" it to the motherboard. i had to pry it out of it's pci slot

so that's my Case mod screw up!!!!!!! ;D

and my dad wasn't to pleased about the smoke or the broken jig saw oops oh well
Old 01-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Smoked1

Default Re: Case Mod Screw ups!!!

About a week ago I drilled the holes backwards for a baybus. This wouldn't have been so bad but I had to use a knife to do it. Not only did I do it backwards but I cut the shit outa my hand too. After that I even fried a light on the damn thing. Sparks and smoke all over the place. Needless to say, that lite is dead. I think I will be buying a hole saw and a dremmel very soon.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:43 AM
SinnopS

there was some gook on top of my case so i thought i would clean it off. i tell ya what...never clean a painted case with rubbing alochol..BAD IDEA  :-[ now there is abig smuge mark on the top  :'(
Old 01-04-2002, 10:09 AM
cc_dex

Earlier when I had no idea of how computers **actually** worked, I put a processor in sideways and I lit the mobo on fire!!  I dont think i have been as scared to di it since but it was real scary.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:27 PM
rhinocerology

hey come on ppl more than jus 3 of us must have screwed up modding so start typing and list them
please
Old 01-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Simo

I would screw somethign up just for you guyss, but I cant afford a Dremel.

Anyone got a spare second hand one you want to sell?
Old 01-08-2002, 09:55 PM
XDiGiTaLX

hey if we get atleast 10 screwed up case mods i can hook u guys up with a Havoc Gallery
Old 01-08-2002, 10:32 PM
PowerWCRulez

Hi there!, I had pull the old Compaq floppy drive (unreadable drive) out of the floppy bay, it;s old compaq presario 8760, so I grab the spare floppy drive. Okay I cutted the plastic out to fit my spare drive's bazel size by the rotary cutter disc (demerel).. I realized it;s too little 1/8 inches wide gap around the bazel.. I will make new molded plastic, I have solider gun to melt the plastics and use putter knive to cover the gaps..

Im still waiting for AMD Duron 900 Mhz with a new mobo with new modded pc case.. (I made very nice modded pc case!)
Old 01-09-2002, 12:01 AM
rhinocerology

that would be so kewl XDiGiTaLX if u made another gallery about my thread  ;D
Old 01-09-2002, 08:05 PM
PowerWCRulez

Hey there!!, Forget about moldings.. I found the spare drivebay faceplace, I sheered the "wedge" style from top to bottom, and make measurements to fit my spare floppy drive. I try to fits nope not yet and still sheering them make easy fitable the floppy faceplate frame. aha!!! Bingo! and I drilled the hole for screws.. and here the attachment for my snapped photo from the USB WebCam.

Wooo! that better!  ;D