Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 04-28-2002, 06:02 PM
XDiGiTaLX

Default How do i convert RM to MP3?

Does anyone know how to convert RM to mp3 ??? :'(
Old 04-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Frank

Default Re: How do i convert RM to MP3?

yeah if you gots sblive, there's a way to record "live audio". or just search thru download.com and you'll find something.
Old 04-28-2002, 07:13 PM
XDiGiTaLX

ya i got sblive.....

how do i record live audio
Old 04-30-2002, 05:23 AM
Grinnin Reaper

I use Music Match Jukebox.  It'll take anything you have and rip it straight to MP3.  Line in (a mike) or off of the software mixer board (anything plaing on your computer).  You just have to select a diffrent recording source.  I hope that helps.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:24 AM
Grinnin Reaper

And you don't need a SB Live.  Any card with a Mic in will work.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:20 PM
XDiGiTaLX

so from speaker to mic to computer?
Old 05-02-2002, 03:46 AM
Grinnin Reaper

Yhea it's that simple.  I've recorded stuff directly to MP3 that way.  The way MusicMatch is set up you can even mix in your current MP3's to whatever you're recording.  It'll play while it's ripping and of course pick up every background noise (the MP3's playing in the background from you're speakers) and make it part of the mix.  What exactly are you doing here recording some music you and some friends are playing.  If you are you may be able to take a line out from a mixer board (if you have one that'll capture all of whatever you're playing) and convert it to a headphone jack style plug and hook it up to the Mic-in.  Just be careful as to what kind of voltage you're puttin out and don't blow anything.  Of 'course that's all what Voidin' your warranty is all about ain't it.  Also I'm not sure but using MusicMatch to play a copy protected CD and ripping straight from the System Mixer is how they put it, should be a way around "protected" Cd's that there coming out with.  And it should only lose a minimal amount of quality.  Has anyone had a chance to try this or has anyone seen any of the new CD's that have like cactus shield or the like of copy protection?
Old 05-18-2002, 12:03 AM
XDiGiTaLX

thx man
Old 10-23-2002, 06:19 AM
MacMurder

Default hmm

I have some rm files on my harddisk! These files i won`t to convert to mp3. But how! I don`t won`t to record first. These is bad for the quality!
Help please! Sorry for my bad english.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:04 PM
Grinnin Reaper

You can use music match to play the file and then record from the system mixer and it will catch the music while it's still in the hardware and encode it to MP3. Simpilest way I know. Probably lots of other ways out there though.