Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-01-2002, 11:37 PM
ModNoob

Default MODDING NOOB!

Hey everyone,
I am a modding noob. I saw a mod of a computer case in a recent episode of the screen savers on techtv. I am hooked. I want to mod my computer. Where do I go? Where do I start? I wanna put all my things in a black case with a window on the side. I also want a color to cycle in the window. I saw a window with a light inside displaying the color blue, but I want mine to cycle through a few colors. If someone can help me out, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!
Old 06-02-2002, 05:05 AM
Smoked1

Default Re: MODDING NOOB!

Well you should start by cutting any holes that you will need for fans or a window. Than sand it and paint it. I don't know about the changing light though
Old 06-02-2002, 01:03 PM
rivergod

Hi ModNoob, Welcome to the new cyber-crack, Modding.  There are many things you can do, so look around and make a plan.  Visit the Galleries you can find at such places Voided Warranty, and read the reviews so you don't do like I did and buy the wrong things first.  The reviews can point you to good stuff and alert you to crap, saving you big bucks. Good luck modding and post pics. ;D  Here is a link to pulsing lights: http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ele-18.html  It uses LEDs, so high intensity would be needed for case lighting.  Since there are 4 LEDs possible, and they go in sequence, you could use different colors.
Old 06-02-2002, 02:18 PM

in order for those LED to work with your fan, there are many things that you could do in order that they rotate with it.  I would use some sort of bearing to make to LED stay with your fan. I would say that the biggest part of the whole moddin procedure is your imagination.   ;D Drelems often come in hand as well  ;D
Old 06-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Smoked1

Yes the dremel is your freind. I also recomend a saber saw and some paint
Old 06-02-2002, 03:20 PM
ModNoob

Hey,
Thanks a lot for all your help. I really like the FrozenCPU site. I think I'm going to buy a already modded case. Mostly because I dont have the money to screw up a bunch of cases.  However, the second I CAN afford to screw up some cases, I'm going to mod the hell out of one. Not just the appearance, but the functionality.  I saw a modded case with 5 consoles fitted in there + 1 bad ass comp.  Maybe mine will have a toaster :P.  Well thanks again for all your help, this place is cool. ;D
Old 06-02-2002, 03:31 PM

Hey, anytime my friend!  That's what we're here for, heck that is why i joined this forum, to solve my problems that i cand figure out and for answers to FAQ's.  Keep those posts comming, and there will always be a response, lata!
Old 06-02-2002, 11:02 PM
ModNoob

Hey guys,
I found the tower that I want, but its watercooled. I have no need for a water cooled system. Can anyone tell me where I can get this tower http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cas-13.html .  I want the tower, the window, and 2 120mm fans (1 on top, 1 on side). If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Smoked1

OK. Buy the antec 1030B and go get a window kit or something. Or better yest just buy the molding and make your own window. To tell you the truth I think that you should get the water cooled case. It looks great, even greater with a little paint. That would be perfect for you. Actually now that I think of it, you should just buy it and give it to me
Old 06-02-2002, 11:25 PM
ModNoob

I was thinking about getting the water cooled, but I really dont need it. I have a P4 1.6 ghz. 384 rdram. ati radeon 64 meg. 60 gig hard drive. dvd, cdrw. Also Im afraid of the water leaking and I dont want to spend more money on water blocks.