Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-02-2002, 09:10 PM
rhinocerology

Default KuzzTum Kazez

hey ppl i wanna start my own business making custom water cooled cases and case window cut outs and the such and i was wondering if u had any words of wisdom??
thanx a bunch
Old 06-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: KuzzTum Kazez

Well, once you start making these I would love to review one on Hardware Pub.  I better be the first one to get one!

Good luck!
Old 06-02-2002, 09:49 PM
Smoked1

I just want to know where you get all of that molding for the windows and stuff. I mean at wholesale pricing.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:08 AM
rhinocerology

[quote author=Smoked1 link=board=voided&num=1023070233&start=0#2 date=06/02/02 at 21:49:32]
I just want to know where you get all of that molding for the windows and stuff. I mean at wholesale pricing.
[/quote]
Ok so i havn't thought out this completly, i have no idea were i'm gonna get molding at wholesale prices, but i do know for the more detailed cut out's i won't be able too use molding cause with the computer controlled gantry mill i have access too can do some pretty fine detailing and unless i can get some really small plyable molding i'll just have too mount the plexi on the back of the panel and have the clean cut look instead of a black border
Old 06-03-2002, 01:17 PM
KeyserSose

I just got to point out that truly you dont have to use molding, you simply drill the plexi then use the holes as a template on your case and then drill your case.  Now your probably saying how the hell do you get it to stick.  On my case the plexi has been riveted to the case panel.  Rivets are cheap and easy.

Also, you can get everything you need at Home Depot, including thin Plexi.      
Old 06-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Smoked1

This is true. I personally like the molding but if your going to do some crazy designs rivits will do. In some "cases" bolts might be the answer. It all depends on the look you are going for.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:25 AM
rhinocerology

i agree cause i have the PCmods.com Rectangle Blue Window with the molding and it looks sweet on my present system, i have the specs and a pic of it posted in another thread in this forum, but i'll have too find some molding, maybe the autoglass business in town will have something of sorts that i can use. and i can use rivits,bolts and if all else fails glue.

My plan is too make custom cut outs, water cooling units painting cases (i can prolly get my hands on any color out there mettalic or otherwise) but i'm no artist so it will be just color not graphix sorry boys and girls. For the choice of cases i may have a list too pick from but otherwise if u have a certain case u want i can get it. I'll let u guys know when i have the websit up and running
Old 06-04-2002, 10:36 AM
aoC_PRoZaK

muhahha, this board is mutating to a merchants forum, rotfl
Old 06-04-2002, 11:28 AM
rhinocerology

hey is there anything wrong with that, aoC|PRoZaK? and plus i think it's a good idea don't you? maybe i'll give the members of voided warranty a special deal for all the help the've giving me...
Old 06-04-2002, 03:38 PM
KeyserSose

True, I got no problems with it, get some Nikao cases.