Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 05-28-2002, 11:31 AM
rhinocerology

Default My next rig

[glow=green,2,300]
AMD AthlonTm XP 2200+ Thoroughbred @1.87GHZ
Asus A7V 333 - R
RADEONTm 8500 128MB
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX
PC2700 DDR @ 512 (333MHZ BUS) Times 2 (4 a total of a gig)
2 IBM 120GB 7200 RPM IN RAID
Antec PC2-601B (Koolance water cooled)
Black Pioneer 16x DVD-Rom
Black TEAC 40x12x48x CD-RW
Aopen 56kbps V92
Onboard NIC
Logitech Cordless FreedomTM Optical
Antec 430 Watt PSU
Antec 17" SVGA MN1700
Creative MegaWorks 510D
Green Cold Cathode
Case Window (clear)
Green LED’s
LCD Display
Lazer Lightz Fan Mod
Black Alps 1.44MB 3.5
[/glow]
[shadow=red,left,300]what do u think?[/shadow]
Old 05-28-2002, 12:09 PM
rivergod

Default Re: My next rig

I'm jealous. It sounds like its gonna be a screamer.  The ASUS board talks, I just hooked mine up (A7V333), and a female voice came out of the speakers and said: "System completed Power On Self Test.  Computer now booting from operating system."  How cool is that?  But wait, you can modify what it says!  I can make my computer sound like HAL at boot-up and still have a windows start-up sound too.  It will let you know about things like you forgot to put ram in and others.  I posted pics (of a quick mod to it) and started a review on it at: http://www.rivergodsmods.com/A7V333_Review.html
Only things I'd change are the Teac CD-RW for a Plexwriter, and the Antec PSU for an Enermax Whisper Quiet EG465P-VE.  Is the ATI 8500 an all-in-wonder?  A friend has one and loves it. (I had to be a real nit-picker to think up these alternates)
Old 05-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Smoked1

OMG I have to get me one of those!
Old 05-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Oh wow. gotta show the benchmarks for that sys.

The only thing i would change are the speakers...I would use the optical out on the Audigy Platinum Ex to hook up digital sound to a Denon, HK, or B&K stereo and some tight set of home theater speakers. you can pump a few thousand watts in sound and make that one h*ll of a gaming machine.

(you probably aren't gonna want to pay $500 to $3000 for a stereo like that though so even a $200 or cheaper stereo would suffice and still make you feel every shot)
Old 05-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Grinnin Reaper

I agree with rivergod.  I really believe that Plextor has better drives.  But then again thats IMHO.  Other than that it sounds really kick ass.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:51 PM
rhinocerology

my friend who is up too date and sells computer hardware and services them, says that the Teac CD-RW for it's price is a top  end burner, and plus it's black so it will match the antec case, frig i can wait till i get this comp, then i have 2 high end computers running 24/7
btw rivergod thanx for the added  info on the talking board and no it's not the all in wonder
Old 05-28-2002, 11:48 PM
Smoked1

It pretty much KICKS ASS!
Old 05-29-2002, 06:20 PM
rivergod

[quote author=Smoked1 link=board=voided&num=1022603495&start=0#6 date=05/28/02 at 23:48:53]
It pretty much KICKS ASS!
[/quote]
Yep, That dog will hunt.  Like I said, I was nit-picking to find something to change, and personal preference was all I could go on.  I've owned Sony, Acer, and a Toshiba I think, and the only one to NEVER fail a write, is the Sexy Plexy 24/10/40 I presently run.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:28 PM
Smoked1

That's how I feel about ATI. Every ATI product that I have ever owned has had driver issues at one time or another.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:47 PM
rivergod

Buying a brand that is new to you is like eating a raw oyster.  If your first one is a good one, you'll love them.  If its a bad one, you'll never eat another. ;D