Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-06-2002, 09:54 PM
ModNoob

Default EXCITING CAR MOD

I saw an idea for this mod on another post. This mod would be AWESOME. It would also be a great addition to any car. Its an mp3 box/computer. The case I like can be seen here. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?sku=S451-3010 .  Put windows all over that thing, blue led lights in there, and u got yourself a spiffy little box for your car. The only question I have is where can you get a small LCD touch screen? You obviously arent gonna haul a regular monitor in there, but a small color LCD touch screen would be perfect. Also, how would you hook up the audio from the box to work with your car speakers?
Old 06-07-2002, 01:55 AM

Default Re: EXCITING CAR MOD

heck yeah, with a touch screen LCD monitor, like a 8 or 9 inch, your read to rock your cars world!!!  

\/     CRAZY!!!    \/
Old 06-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Why not just go with a laptop? you can easily hotwire the line-out onto the antenna wire into the radio...and you got your LCD built onto it. VOILA...just without the touchscreen. To fix that, you can get those screens that fit onto monitor type stuff and it acts as the mouse.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

I have a friend who is doing this exact same thing, except hes using a regular system. He's using an mp3 player that he's writing himself in VisualBasic. He's writing the com port lcd interface, mp3 player, sound interface. He's also putting a wierless network card, and sharing the folder with the mp3's. so he can share the folder on his network, and upload them from his own system, without ever touching the system.

later the guy will release this program for free. I might get him to post here with more info
Old 06-08-2002, 02:12 AM

hey that wouldnt be a bad idea at all....maybe he could give me some pointers on hooking it all up in the car and stuff like that!
Old 06-10-2002, 05:52 AM
XDiGiTaLX

they must have lcd touch screens on ebay

just a few days ago my bro got an lcd car screen 4 dvd
Old 06-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

It is the touchscreen ones that are hard to find...They are better built in than getting those coverons which keep floating around the screen
Old 06-10-2002, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

oh and that guy who's making this wasn't talking about a touch screen. He's making it with a Standard LCD screen with buttons.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

If he cn find touch-screens for relatively cheap, it would be easier for him to program because it would act as a mouse (touchscreen). He might want to look into that.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:41 AM

hey isnt that what that cop dude had for his car in The Fast and the Furious for his NOS system....now that aint a bad idea!  Laptop and all!!!