Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > General Board

Old 07-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Smoked1

Default smoked1 has been put out of commision!

I set my system outside of the firewall (DMZ) for some online gaming. CRASH!!! Norton detects a trojan. Next thing I know my data is all currupted and I am square one. All of my precios data is gone. backups are few. If I could find the guy who did this I would MURDER him. No wait, I would torture him. GRR > Well, you might not be seeing much of me for the next few days yall. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 07-05-2002, 10:28 PM

Default Re: smoked1 has been put out of commision!

NNNOOOO!!!! who are we gonna have for all of the VW reviews and info??? other than aoc|prozak?  this definatel aint good...at all!  man this bites a big one....well i hope that you can recover anything and everything that u are capable of recovering and wish you good luck in doing so...and if you ever find that villian that did this too u, kick where it hurts! 4 me!
Old 07-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Smoked1

At this point i would have to say that my data is all gone. i can download whatever is on the web server but all of the articles and reviews that I have been working on are gone.  Silly me. I have tried to install windows on two different IDE drives and all i get is "Copying files needed for windows setup". I also put together a SCSI RAID and tried that. My brand new 430 watt Enermax PSU decided that it did not like the SCSI RAID. Instead it decided that it likes to burn up the floppy connector. Smoke was just pooring out of my 120mm exhaust like it was a smoke stack. I still managed to get the RAID up and running though. It still says the same thing. It's like the system will not allow the data to be put on the drive. I don't know what to do. Where is the problem? I used different drives. Maybe the virus is memory resident. I will try switching ram. Other than that I don't know what to do. I am going to a computer fait tomarrow so I will have any parts I need available to me. I was going to buy a new MOBO. One of the new Abit ones that ROCK! We shall see. ??? > :'(
Old 07-06-2002, 12:21 AM
PowerWCRulez

Whoa!, what was the trojan name? Prolly a backdoor trojans could have messed ur puter up. let's nail the fking hacker outta of ur puter box! I guess the DMZ not good firebox (hardware), try get a firewall software to blocking any port
Old 07-06-2002, 03:35 AM
Smoked1

Well, it is now 1:30 in the morning and I am installing Windows XP. Things are getting better. I will have to figure a way to host games with the firewall or something. I am trying out XP for the first time now as well. I hope this OS is good. This sure has been an adventurer. Sheesh. If i could just get my hands on the guy who did this, I would rip his arms off and beat him to death with them.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:59 AM

not much that i can say other than good luck man....what was you previous OS that u were running? btw?  Man i think that if that really happened to me, and me having all of that to take care of...i would just about be going door to door askin for the lame low life that did that....and then shove his eyes so far down his throat they'd come out his @$$ so that he could watch me kick his own!!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 04:50 AM
Smoked1

LOL. It is now 2:30AM. I'm on XP and all seems OK so far. Now I just have to wait and see how things go with it. Last time it screwed me. I would like to thank my family and my friends for being there for me through this whole ordeal. If it was not for thier support, overcoming this disaster would have been that much more devistating. HA HA HA!