Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 10-15-2001, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default RIAA Wants to Hack Your PC

Lobbyists for the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) tried to add a hacking-authorization amendment onto the big anti-terrorism bill that Congress approved last week. The amendment would have given them the right to hack into your computer and delete your stolen MP3s. The Proposed Amendment would immunize all copyright holders for any data losses caused by their hacking efforts or other computer intrusions "that are reasonably intended to impede or prevent" electronic piracy. Wired News has the Story.
Old 10-15-2001, 01:00 PM
coldy

Default Re: RIAA Wants to Hack Your PC

Are there no freedoms or rights left in this "Democratic" country?
Old 10-15-2001, 02:16 PM
Golden Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to wizbones

The want full access to our puters huh? Maybe we can teach them to do our jobs while they're in there and we can all go fishin  

Course once the door is opened and they are aloud to do such things, what's to say it just wont snowball from there. Scary stuff!!
The Maximum Effective Range of an Excuse is Zero point Zero Meters!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:49 AM
awesomedell

I agree, sounds disturbingly like 1984, Big Brother is listening!  Very distressing, we've all got to stand up for our rights and the values this great nation was founded upon!   People need to read their history books, not Social Studies, History!! And you can't just say "well that doesn't affect me, so I don't care"     A Frenchman during their revolution wrote, "A nation may loose it's freedoms in an hour, & not realize it for a century"  Even though that was written over 200 yrs ago it's still very true today!  Wake up & take notice of what's going America, before it's too late!
Old 11-08-2001, 05:44 AM
JohnDoez

Its a scarey fact, I think its the music´s industries way of trying to stop the pirated Mp3´s etc, but however they have failed in this way....

but next up, we would have the Movies side also, I wonder how many have copies from burned/ripped DVD´s

Then the computer software......unreg / illegal REG software

Soon there would be more People in your PC then yourself :O(

An idea would to make people Buy windowz, give them AOL,
everyone and his dog knows, this type of setup is wide open anyway Addin ICQ and instant mezzanger and bingo, anyone can walk into your PC delete / format C: and you would never know,
Old 11-19-2001, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

http://www.stoppoliceware.org/

it won't pass. I mean come on. thier wouldent be enought jail space to fit all the people who burn music and download mp3's