PDA

View Full Version : Which browser do you prefer?

awesomedell
07-28-2001, 03:34 PM
I'd been using IE 5.5 until recently. SPAMBut a couple of weeks ago a friend talked me into giving Netscape Navigator a try. SPAMFrom where I'm at here in the wilds of Mo., on our local (& only) ISP choice it loads noticeably faster than either IE or MSN. SPAMThose are the only other 2 I've ever worked with, alot people I talk to on the net like AOL, but you can't even dial into them from my area code, so I've never bothered downloading their browser. SPAMPost here and let me hear everyone's opinion.

Keefe
07-29-2001, 05:54 PM
I use IE 5.5. SPAMIn my experience, Internet Explorer has always been faster and better for me. SPAMThere are tons more features in IE than in netscape. Also, Outlook Express is a lot better that Netscape Messenger. SPAMI work for any ISP here in winsconsin that unfortunetly gives out netscape on their set-up cds. SPAMPeople are always calling with problems. SPAMI usually switch them over to IE and then never call back again with browser problems.

Hulaboy
07-31-2001, 12:33 AM
I used to be a big hardcore Netscape fan until 4.76 came out. After that, everything went down the crapper. SPAMIt started suffering from extreme crashes and major conflicts with most of my stuff on the computer. SPAMSo, I inevitably and grudgingly tried out IE 4.0 at first and then got hooked on it. Eventually, I totally made the switch to IE 5.5. SPAMI find that IE 5.5 has all the stuff I need it to do and I still had my doubts but that vanished once they added the print preview option which Netscape had already. SPAMThe rest is history...

awesomedell
08-02-2001, 12:01 PM
I've started getting some minor glitches w/Netscape, at least that's what I thunk is causing it. SPAMThe min/max/close buttons on all my windows have taken on a weird graphic. SPAMWhen I restart the puter it goes away until I open Netscape & then it reappears. SPAMSo I think I'm gonna uninstall it & see if my problem goes away. SPAMHas anybody here tried IE6.0? SPAMI thought about downloading it to see what was new & improved about it. SPAMAny thoughts or comments?

SinnopS
08-04-2001, 08:45 AM
Ive always hated netscape with a passion. in all my experiance, it has been slower and much more buggy. right now, i am using IE 6 build 2479 and it seems to super. fast loading even on my slow dell pII 400. i did try out opera not to long ago, that seemed to actualy be pretty nice. i might have to play with that some more

the_warlord
08-10-2001, 03:20 AM
ie 5.5 over here. no stability problems and no page loading / isp issues either. impressive.

awesomedell
08-10-2001, 09:33 PM
I downloaded IE 6 a couple of days, so far I like, no conflicts w/other software, no glitches of any kind so far.

KenE
08-16-2001, 02:59 AM
Everyone should be using the Opera Browser.

http://www.operasoftware.com

2Up
08-18-2001, 03:54 AM
I use both IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.7. SPAMBoth work well.
I installed Netscape though, and it is just dreadful in my opinion.

2Up

2Up
08-18-2001, 03:55 AM
Amendment to above. SPAM Netscape 6 is just dreadful.

saugen48
08-21-2001, 05:57 PM
SPAM::)Never really had any luck with Netscape. Dont find it as user friendly as IE5.5. Been hearing some wierd things about I.E. 6. Everyone seems to say to stay clear of it for a while. 8)

dave
09-13-2001, 11:45 AM
I mainly use linux so I'm stuck with netscape or konquerer. I like the new Netscape 6 - it loads nice in leenucks and works pretty good. In winblows I tried Netscape 6 but IE still loads much faster (instantly). I.E 5.0 here - never bothered to get 5.5 since my last format.

vee_ess
10-08-2001, 01:06 AM
yeah i have been using IE 6.0 and it is cool, it has less problems than previous versions, has good security, and it loads immediately. i got it with my beta2 ver. of visual studio

Simo
10-08-2001, 02:43 AM
I use IE 5.5 and Opera 5.
I tend to use IE much more than Opera because I've found that Opera has some issues with displaying some webpages properly.
(For a great example anyone using Opera take a look at www.fileplanet.com and see what I mean)