Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > General Board

Old 10-11-2001, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Site News:  General and Off Topics Board Merged

To better organize the site and to cut down the number of boards I have combined the Off Topic board and the General Board all into one, General Board.

If anyone else has any other site suggestions or comments post them here.

Cheers...
Admin
Old 10-12-2001, 09:48 AM
passerby

Default Re: Site News:  General and Off Topics Board Merge

Just combining those two was a waste of time for the most part. You need to re-read the post below and get a grip on what readers are telling you. Your board doesn't have the influx of posters , visitors, readers, etc necessary to fragment every topic out. Everything computer related should be under computer help. As the board grows, various topics will evolve and migrate out to themselves.
----------------
http://www.netsmog.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...ction=display&
;num=1001254704

passerby
Old 10-12-2001, 09:56 AM
passerby

Trying to post the link again, appears something is corrupting the link from 'preview' to post. If this fails, the post is on the General board -page two:
"What this forum needs".
------------
http://www.netsmog.com/cgi-bin/yabb/...ction=display&
;num=1001254704
Old 10-12-2001, 10:00 AM
passerby

OK, I give up, guess HTML code is not accepted in posts.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:53 PM
dave

This is a "tech" forum. If we combine all the computer related stuff into one board then what the hell are we going to have for the other boards?

That is what this whole board is about, computer related problems, news, questions, and answers.

If we make one category called "computers" then what will the others be? "Barbies" "Boxers or Briefs"? I mean. WTF!?
Old 10-12-2001, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

I totally agree with Dave on this issue.  We cannot combine all of these boards into one "computer stuff" board.  They are organized like this so people can easyily find the posts in the topics that they like.  If everything was in one post the users would have to look over pages and pages of posts just to find the ones in the specific topics.
Old 10-12-2001, 05:23 PM
passerby

Well then, why did you ask this question on the " That Home Site" computer help forum ? See this link:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...5221618.html?4

Since you already have your mind made up and nothing will change it, why ask those questions ? You were given excellant advice on both posts linked above, here and there.

Admin note,

The actual facts do not support your statement:

" If everything was in one post the users would have to look over pages and pages of posts just to find the ones in the specific topics."

You are not besieged with posters at all ! Hardly a dozen a day on all the forums combined. Furthermore  posters/visitors/readers etc usually by habit and time limitations only read the latest postings usually for that day.
I can only tell you that without some more combining of the actual computer topics, be prepared to close down. No one wishes to or will go to one forum and try to find or post a browser problem topic and then to another one to do the same for a modem problem or whatever. Software, hardware, new techical computer information etc, is all computer related and should be combined, just my 2 cents. But it surely is your board, so just run it the way you like, but I wouldn't ask for anymore suggestions if I were you considering the attitude you have about making changes.
passerby