PDA

View Full Version : REGENV32 HAS CAUSED AN ERROR

awrobinsonii
08-20-2001, 06:41 AM
:(
Recently I have been getting "REGENV32 has caused an error" when trying to shut down WinME, any advice on how to fix this or should I just run setup again to possibly fix it?

Hulaboy
08-22-2001, 01:23 AM
I saw these articles on Microsoft's Knowledge Base to help out explain what REGENV32.exe does...

Article 1 (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q265/8/35.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=REGENV32&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=WINME)
Article 2 (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q261/5/75.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=REGENV32&rnk=1&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=WINME)

Article 1 does a pretty good job of explaining what it does and Article 2 offers a solution of what to do. SPAMDoes this sound like something you've done recently? SPAMHope it helps out.

guru
10-12-2001, 05:15 PM
Recently I have been getting "REGENV32 has caused an error" when trying to shut down WinME, any advice on how to fix this or should I just run setup again to possibly fix it?

joyrider4
11-29-2001, 11:36 AM
???
Microsoft recommends trying the scanreg /restore command:
No this doesn't work. The error that causes the regenv32 message seems to be connected to the entire System Restore process as well (which is exactly what the scanreg /restore command from the run line attempts to access). This is Microsoft's stance on this, but it doesn't work because of what I've described. I have re-installed WinME 5 times now... The only credible information I've found concerning this issue states that the problem is due to previous versions of WinME files being left on your PC. This doesn't make sense either though, as I have completly F-disked and formatted my machine each time before re-installing. Am about to say &%#@ it and install Win2K, cannot go back to unstable Win98 and realize Linux doesn't support all the programs I need to use yet...but when it does; Later Microsoft. SPAM

Lectrr
12-31-2001, 08:15 AM
I have the same problem.

5 times formatted and reinstalled. Twice F-disk, and i still get the same problem. I am really thinking about ripping out my HD and installing a new one...would it help?

I am so sick of this problem.

Keefe
12-31-2001, 12:12 PM
I know a very easy and quit smart solution to this problem.

Don't use Windows ME!!

Use windows 98, 2000, or even XP instead of ME.

Hulaboy
12-31-2001, 03:02 PM
Man, I can't tell you how many problems I've encountered with Windows ME. SPAMJust uttering the words "WinME" at work is enough to send shivers down our spine! SPAMIt's one of the reasons why I haven't installed that on any of my systems here.

WinKill
08-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Have you tried a DEBUG?

boot to clean bootable floppy

at a:\> DEBUG

on left is what you get, on right is what you type

- F 200 L1000 0
- A CS:100
****:0100 MOV AX,301
****:0103 MOV BX,200
****:0106 MOV CX,1
****:0109 MOV DX,80 (80 for 1st HDD, 81 for 2nd)
****:010C INT 13
****:010E INT 20
****:0110 (just press ENTER)
- G

PROGRAM TERMINATED NORMALLY

you just wrote 0s to the boot sector. any viral matter hangin'
out there is gone.

pull the power cord, and then hold the PWR button for 10 seconds
(you are clearing the power to your memory).

reboot and FDISK as normal

accurateimage
08-29-2002, 03:22 PM
I used ME for the better of 2 years with no real major problems, sounds like you have a drive going bad to me, I just got done fixing a computer that an IT guy said was scrap after ligtning struck close, turned out what was damaged was selective, very very odd, cooked one stock of 256 pc100 and also damaged the hard drive, so every time you loaded it all up and started to run me or w2k it would work for about 2 minutes and then go blue screen, forget what the error message was but yours seems familiar. took the bad ram out and the bad drive after looking for a few hours and testing and the thing runs good as new :) most weirdest thing I have come accross, I thought if it got juced from lightning it was dead, guess I was wrong!

BobyJo
09-01-2002, 07:11 PM
I agree with Keefe, I use W2kSp3 and really like it.
No problems at all.
I also own WinME, still have the chrome disk it comes on. Would give it to someone that wants it.
I have already given away Win3.1.1, Win95, still have W98, W98se,WinME,W2kpro. Never purchased WinXP. Don't really know if I ever will.
Been thinking a lot about a version of Linux that would recognize all the hareware I have and run most of the software I have also.
Maybe this will never happen, Just don't know.

bobzwol
11-08-2002, 02:27 PM
I just got the sane problem Fri Nov 01.
doing the 2 suggested fixes did nothing.
I'm limping along by not loading group items. It's the only way I can get ME to complete loading.
I cannot run Windows ScanDisk or Defrag either.
I think there must be a locked file or locked sector, (probably boot sector)
(Both utilities die immediately).

I'm ready to abandon ME and go 2000.
Z.

jesse
11-12-2002, 04:27 AM
one frm i found says that they had the same deal, they got norton and it found a virus corrupting 200 files including regenv32.exe. it fixed it, and they still decided to re-format after this to make sure. so what am i doing now? downloading norton perhaps... p.s. one user said mcaffe didn't find it if that helps any N O R T O N

usamars@hotmail.com
11-15-2002, 12:18 PM
:o :o hello names is tom i am into learning more about old p/c and i had tried to install win95 and could not so then i put win3.1 back in and also calmira2 well i started having problems with entering windows the only way i can get back in is reinstall . and i then check it it takes me back from dos to win but if you shut the computer down for the night it won't let you into win prompt. i don't think i have enhanced memory? aleast thats what the error messages tell me. is it something to do with calmaria2 since it is part of win95? what should i do?

Niall
11-28-2002, 12:00 PM
Ok this is going to take a little while to explain, I'm going to try and be as thorough as I can.

I recently re-installed ME on my machine but have been getting an error in Regenv32.exe when I shut down or run msconfig. The system is also very prone to go to blue screen. Also Outlook Express takes about 5 mins to startup and there are also issues with IE stalling when trying to enter text in text fileds or clicking the submit button.

I tried some fixes unsuccessfully (renaming the autoexec and copnfig files and recreating blank ones / renaming regenv32 as .old and extracting a fresh copy from the CD). So I fdisk / reformatted and tried again - same problem.

I tried installing Norton Antivirus 2000 -- it told me I had the w95.Spaces.1445 virus and that almost all of my windows files had been corrupted by it (this was a brand new fresh install). Did some research w95.Spaces is only supposed to affect Win95 machines. More research suggested that the w32.Opaserv.Worm virus disguises itself as the w95.Spaces. I downloaded a removal tool for this but there was no trace of the virus (I also did some manual checks and none of the files normally associated with this virus could be found).

I have since fdisked / reformatted / reinstalled many times but have not been able to solve the problem. If I install Norton after a fresh install it still finds the w95.Spaces virus in all my files.

Fdisk reports that my C: partition has 43% usage even though this is blatantly incorrect. Even after a complete format of C:, fdisk still reports a 43% usage. Could corrupt files remain after deleting and recreating the partition and a format?????????

That's pretty much all the information I have. I really hope someone somewhere has an idea what might be wrong with my PC. All help greatfully recieved, thanx,

Niall McCarthy
niallsos@eircom.net

CB-Byte
11-28-2002, 12:29 PM
I know a very easy and quit smart solution to this problem.

Don't use Windows ME!!

Use windows 98, 2000, or even XP instead of ME.

Correct Correct Correct, Smart solution for a blunt OS.

Dats Y U'r the Administrator.

CB-Byte

jcollier
12-07-2002, 01:03 PM
I just search the rest of MS knowledgebase and found Article 308906 with two suggested fixes for fixing the problem of the regenv32. I used both tricks for autoexec.bat/config.sys and for regenv32 which has solved the problem so far

yatish
01-14-2003, 06:25 AM
pleasse give me removal tool for virus[/b]

xcept
02-07-2003, 10:04 AM
HELP I HAVE VIRUS W95.SP
ACES.1445 HOW CAN I REMOVE IT??? PLZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

madhu achanta
04-07-2003, 11:57 PM
I had a w95.spaces.1445 virus in my system. It is not cleaned with AVG antivirus software. So please give insructions for hw to clean this virus..................... :shake: :shake:

vee_ess
04-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Get an antivirus.

myeppliance@hotmail.com
04-23-2003, 07:41 PM
:o This is in reference to the REGENV32.EXE
During Shut the Registry needs to locate the Msconfig settings and cannot

I found most computers with this problem Had:

Tweak95 installed
Tweaked the desktop and my documents etc.. to a new location

Msconfig was edited (Microsoft Configuration Editor)
Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files Cannot be found by Msconfig

Reinstall Me
or
Repair can be done in the Registry and Tweak

If You must reinstall the OS
Format with the UnConditional command
C : / U
The system and hidden files can be cross linked and all will be removed
The Debug Command will work but low level format is safe.

superDUCK
07-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Hello, i had this same problem. I didnt think it was important enough to reformat harddrive so i delted regenv32, now the problem is gone. was this a bad thing?

08-24-2003, 12:04 PM

jerica19152@wmconnect.com
08-31-2003, 08:07 AM
My name is Melissa Carter-King, when I first got my computer it had macafee virus protection already installed. I have an hp pavilion mx50 with windows me, somehow my macafee got uninstalled, is there any way to get it back without having to pay for it?
Thank you, Melissa

yellowlablover420
09-25-2003, 03:18 PM
My McAFEE VirusScan was uninstalled and my computer is not working need help. thanks

compudoc
10-02-2003, 07:26 PM
well here the anser if your running windows 95 /98 /ml ect
you have to remove the virus from dos well here the questen how do i remove the virus from dos well you can only remove the virus if you have norton av 2002 or 2003 installed befor you got infected so how do i remove the virus if i dont have the virus scaner installed well you cant install norton after you get infrcted so lissen up
here is the fix you dont have to reformat your hdd what you need to do is but norton 2003 or 2002 or 2004 and run the file from a clean computer \Support\Edisk from the av cdrom then it will ask you to use four floppy disks I hope you have a floppy then you need to run the disks on the infrcted computer dont forget to turn off the computer frist the boot up on the first disk norton edisk created good luck

userneeds help
10-02-2003, 07:43 PM
norton remove util

dos image bootup virus removal
1 0f 8

userneeds help
10-02-2003, 07:43 PM
norton remove util

2 0f 8

userneeds help
10-02-2003, 07:44 PM
3 0f 8

userneeds help
10-02-2003, 07:45 PM
4 0f 8

userneeds help
10-02-2003, 07:46 PM
5 0f 8

userneeds help
10-02-2003, 07:47 PM
6 0f 8

userneeds help
10-02-2003, 07:49 PM
6 0f 7
sorry there was only seven rar files now go to download.com and download winrar to uncompress

10-02-2003, 07:51 PM
all seven files should have the name of

Edisk.part01.rar
Edisk.part02.rar
Edisk.part03.rar
Edisk.part04.rar
Edisk.part05.rar
Edisk.part06.rar
Edisk.part07.rar

good luck