Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 01-10-2002, 06:50 AM
Floydian

Default Dual Boot

Hey everyone

I do audio recording on my computer and have run into some trouble. Previously, i ran Win98SE tweaked with Logic Platinum 4.8, Gigasampler, Sound Forge, etc... this setup worked like a dream and was damn stable.

I recently setup a dual boot config - 2 x win98se - (5gig partition for audio system, 35gig partition for internet, games, office, etc..) and ever since it's been crashing non stop. Usually crashes when opening my computer or any other explorer window. Occasionally, it will simply reboot by itself, and other times, the screen will suddenly become jittery in some places (usually around the mouse pointer, or the mouse pointer will become graphically screwed). Either way, it's gotta stop.

I'm using PowerQuest Bootmagic 6 as the boot loader and used partition magic 6 to setup the partitions.

Anyone every actually had a successful dual boot setup? Also, is there an alternative to pqboot magic?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2002, 10:25 AM
cc_dex

Default Re: Dual Boot

This is just an idea but why dont you only boot to the 35 giger and still have the 5 gig partition to play with?  It single boot which is more reliable but you still have access to both partitions.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:26 AM
Peter

Default Re: Dual Boot

I've made very much dual-boot PCs, the program for doing so (it is the best I know) is XOSL. you can find it at http://www.xosl.org it is FREE and it can do anything you want with partitions (like hiding them... very handy... your OSses don't "see" each other)... if you got more questions, just mail me...