Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 08-09-2002, 06:22 PM
CiKoTiC

Default NEWER THAN NEW Nullsoft Winamp3

Nullsoft has released version 3 of thier popular MP3 player.

Download here
Old 08-10-2002, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

Many people say it takes up more ram and processor usage then winamp 2x. Which was one of the reasons I liked winamp, cause it used so little processor power
Old 08-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

I downloaded it and I already do not like it. They took out the feature that I use the most, the J -jump to box. Nice try Nullsoft.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

I haven't tried the final release yet. I tried a beta back in the day, and didn't care too much for it. They changed around the UI a bit, to the extent that it made me switch back within a day or two to Winamp 2.x. I suppose I'll get around to making the switch to 3.x sometime in the relatively near future, but for now Winamp 2.80 is working great for me.
Old 08-10-2002, 08:14 PM
CiKoTiC

Yea, I agree. It's hardly a big upgrade worth mentioning but it was my first "test" post for the news section. :P

The only feature that I like over 2.x is crossfading between tracks so I think I'll keep installed until it really does something stupid.
Old 08-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

By "crossfading" do you mean simply fading out when stopping, or skipping to a new track, and the new track fading in when resuming from pause, or beginning from a skip from another track? If so, Winamp 2.80 has this feature. I think you may have to specify this output device manually in the plugins or something, if you'd manually selected something different than the default before (it's named something with the word "fade" in the title). I didn't really like it when it came out (2.7x or 2.80), but now I think it's pretty nice.
Old 08-10-2002, 11:20 PM
compguru

i liked it