PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

noelber
09-11-2001, 06:01 AM
WINDOWLESS IN WASHINGTON

I am a newbie building my first computer from scratch and have run into some issues which I would appreciate some help on. SPAMI am sure that I am making some stupid simple mistake.

CONFIGURATION

Motherboard SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMFIC AZ11E
CPU SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMAMD 1.2 Ghz 200Mhz FSB
Memory SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM256MB SPAMSDRAM 133 Mhz (have also tried 100Mhz)
Video SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMAGP 4X RIVA TNT2n 64 PA3000Plus
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM(Have also tried a 1X AGP and a PCI Video Card)
Plus HDD, FDD &CD

No matter what I do I am unable to get a video signal out. SPAMI have tried the default frequency multiplier and core voltage settings and also set them manually. SPAMBy the way since the board has a 100Mhz FSB with an effective rate of 200 Mhz does one use a multiplier of 6 or 12 for a 1.2 Mhz processor? (I tried both.) SPAM
I plug the machine in and hit the front power button which causes the CPU fan to spin and power is available to the peripherals, but there is no signal to the Monitor. SPAMAs referenced above I have tried three video cards with no luck. SPAMWhat am I missing? SPAMIncidentally, if I try to turn the machine off from the front panel, there is no effect other than the CD light blinks.

Grinnin Reaper
09-11-2001, 11:28 AM
Ran into a similar problem last night myself. SPAMDisconnect the HDD the FDD and the sound card. SPAMTry booting with just the Motherboard, Ram, Processor, and video card. SPAMIf your problem goes away start plugging in the other stuff one at a time until it quits working (being sure to turn everything off between swaps). SPAMWhatever you plugged in last is your problem. SPAMStill trying to find out what's wrong with mine though. SPAM

ChimChim
10-19-2001, 03:13 PM
Sometimes you have to hold in the power button for about 4 secs or so. SPAMYou might have a bad motherboard or bad RAM. SPAMLike Savage said, just try unplugging stuff and plug things in one at a time. SPAMIf you can't figure it out yourself, you might want to take it in somewhere and have them fix it and explain what they did.

Whiplash
10-20-2001, 02:33 AM
If you haven't done so try putting the video card in another slot.

Simo
10-29-2001, 11:04 PM
Im too lazy to go searching the net fir info on the motherboard but IF and I repeat IF it has intergrated video, then disable that from within the BIOS settings before trying to use a videocard.

Your motherboard book should tell you how to access the BIOS, usually its by pressing delete or F2 at boot, but it varys from one manufacturer to another.

Thats all I can think of right now.

;D

wizbones
10-30-2001, 12:26 PM
You're saying you have integrated video, and that you have tried a few other vid cards correct?

When you power up do you hear any beep codes? Long ones, short ones, how many?

If there is no video you should hear some combo of around three beeps, like two short and one long or something to that effect.

You bios during POST should detect there is no vid card and let you know by beeping a code.

If you aren't hearing anything even when you put the other video cards in I'd say your problem lies in the motherboard herself.

Dont_ask_me
11-19-2001, 04:54 PM
I have got a spectrum 128k if thats anygood to you.?

Uranium-235
11-19-2001, 05:03 PM
last time I ran into this problem I tried to overclock cas3 ram to cas2. SPAM:-/