PDA

View Full Version : Site Improvements

Keefe
10-14-2002, 11:24 PM
I am gearing up to do some major site improvements and I want to hear what everyone has to say.

What would you like to change on Techware Labs?

What would you like to add?

What other questions or comments do you have?

If you come up with something very exiting I will give you a special hardware prize :)

Keefe

Uranium-235
10-14-2002, 11:30 PM
NO

keep it like it is. it dosent need any improvements. IT IS PERFECT AS IT IS!

MIK3
10-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Actually, yeah, it be nice to win another piece of hw, but im also doing this for the benifit of twl in general. Heres my list:

1. In responses, as you read all of the responses, under the avatar where the name is, that should be a link to their profile, not only where the thread names are, and their name being next to it.

2. Smilies are gettin old, time for and update.

3. Add glow to text's and possibly a scroll or marquee

4. Like Netsmog, you need a big flashy pic that links to the topsites for voting, its always good to vote, u only get more members from that...

5. Let the avatars be a bit bigger in size, I wanted to have a photoshop gif for my av, but it wouldnt let me...

Nothing further...good point to bring up keefe....hope this will all turn out for the better! Anyone else have suggestions?

CiKoTiC
10-15-2002, 12:03 AM
More color would be nice. :)

Mac_forever
10-15-2002, 12:48 AM
The ability to select your own text color other than what is supplied now, ie a pallete. The ability to click on either the avatar or the member's name to get their profile.
If you can, more of these types of contests.

eviltechie
10-15-2002, 02:10 AM
well id like to talk about the site, not the forum
forum is ok to me

the site needs to have more of a dynamic banner
everytime i go, i see the ram banner
gets a little boring...

perhaps put an artistic frame around the banner to make it look better

maybe the logo could be redone?

Grinnin Reaper
10-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Personally I'ld like to see a cleaner opening page. Just a few of the most relevant updates. Then the subpages to have all the info. That way if it's not something you really want to look at it's not there cluttering up the main page and it'll streamline the look. Keep the tabs and links so that if you do want to see something it's only a click away. I think it would make the site look a little neater and keep the functionality.

eviltechie
10-15-2002, 02:46 PM
more guides

especialy mods
but not something that is done over and over again, i want to see something new

Uranium-235
10-16-2002, 12:29 AM
I added a new emoticon

:crazy:

I have a feeling it will be used quite a bit here :biggrin:

eviltechie
10-16-2002, 12:42 AM
hehehehehe me ==> :crazy:

MIK3
10-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Yeah, i think that i would have to use that same emoticon to describe whats goin on in my head for the post above...

vee_ess
03-27-2003, 02:54 PM
A Cars section. I am not just fooling around either. It would be awesome to be able to talk about the EC's and the technology that goes on there. Maybe its just because I like cars more than computers (yes I am :crazy: ) but I do feel we have a number of threads relating to them already...

GBRRICCI
05-21-2003, 12:19 AM
how about a quick forums feature on the homepage where it shows the most recent threads/posts

MIK3
05-28-2003, 08:24 PM
I never read vee_ess's post above. I do agree that the boards need a car's section. That would be nice. Maybe in like the GB or something...just a thought.

Aemon_
05-29-2003, 10:31 AM
i think this would be cool:

http://www.cri-it.com/tshark/quickreply.jpg

i know that that pic is from a vBulletin board, but maybe there is a phpBB addon or somthing out there for a quick reply.

later

Keefe
05-29-2003, 02:33 PM
I think there is...

Aemon_
06-18-2003, 04:08 PM
are you gonna put in a quick reply module keefe?
just curious :)

later

MIK3
06-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Ah. Yes. I have been to a board which has that. Very handy in quick responses...or for lazy people who don't want to wait for the page to load when having dial-up...heh

Aemon_
06-18-2003, 10:10 PM
for lazy people who don't want to wait for the page to load when having dial-up...heh

amen

i'm a memeber at two forums that have quick reply. veeery nice.

later

MIK3
06-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Ah. You stuck with dial up too I take it? Or just the lazy part? Heh.

Aemon_
06-20-2003, 10:22 AM
hmmm, both. the wife and i cant afford cable, so we're on netzero. actually, i cant complain, its actually a decent ISP, pay 10 bucks a month, and i can deal with the little nav bar that it loads.

anyway, later!

MIK3
06-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Yeah. I need to adopt the skill of talking my parents into convincing them that cable really is worth it's price in time. I was even willing to chip in. I think that if I give it time, they'll be convinced. They'd get it basically for the non-missed calls over the speed..lol, weird, I know.

vee_ess
07-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, if you get broadband, we'll network - for sharing files of course :mischief: - but while we're at it we'll just click that Share Internet Connection button ;) .

Well, to get back on topic... I can check for any mods for a quick reply thing, Keefe. If I can't find one I'll work on one, probably getting Uranium-235 to help with probably doing the whole thing :rofl:!

MIK3
07-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Yeah. Let's get the quick reply up already Mr. Administrator Squared...

KenFougere
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I just registered today and while entering my profile, I noticed the custom avatar option was disabled. Why is that? :confused:

Jason
06-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Good question, I will check into it and have it enabled. Its probably leftover from when we migrated forums.