PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin weather....

Keefe
12-06-2001, 11:45 PM
I cannot believe that it is so warm here in wisconsin! SPAMNormally we have a couple feet of snow by now and it is 5-10 degrees outside. SPAMBut, its 68 degrees outside and snow is no where is sight.... SPAMI guess global warming might be someting to really worry about :(

lynchmob
12-07-2001, 12:46 PM
The weather all over the country is other than what it normally is. SPAM

SinnopS
12-07-2001, 01:01 PM
no kiddin, yesterday was so warm i was wearing shorts...and im in NH SPAM:o

Omega
12-07-2001, 01:39 PM
I'm not going to get all environmentalist on you, but I think that humans could have affected weather patterns. SPAMI've noticed increasingly high temperatures all year round, winter included. SPAMGoing to get Chrismas trees, I can't remember one year where there wasn't snow, and I needed a winter jacket. SPAMThis year there was no snow, and a sweatshirt was fine. SPAMI'm personally pretty pissed.

SinnopS
12-07-2001, 01:50 PM
definalty we are having a profound impact on the enviorment..however, i think that the sun is going through a cycle of extended activity now so that more than likely has an adverse effect on the weather patterns. i want snow dang it all..i nEEED to go sking SPAM:P

lynchmob
12-10-2001, 12:12 PM
Don't forget, though, that (at least in Iowa) there was a pretty extreme winter last year. SPAMAll my life in Iowa (Where I am originally from) we would have two or three mild winters and then BOOM!.......blizzards throughout! SPAM

wizbones
12-10-2001, 12:40 PM
I think the seasons themselve are mucked up and are slowly traversing their usuall slots.

Pretty soon summer will be winter etc. and so on. Well be basking in the sun in November/December and Snow Boarding in June.

What do ya think? Crazy? Far fetched?

Propig
12-10-2001, 01:03 PM
You mean there are seasons? WOW! What a concept. I thought there was only warm, hot, hotter and hottest. ;)

It usually never even makes it to 30 down here. Leaves don't fall unless they are cut off or dead. And the only difference between spring, summer and fall is the humidity level.

I did notice that we don't have very many "snow birds" this year.

Digital_Vixen
12-17-2001, 08:55 PM
;D Oh yeah, well I spray the cool fake snow stuff on my windows and turn off the thermostat SPAM- although snowboarding is difficult on wooden stairs unless you wax the bottom and take all the antiques off the walls and assemble a SPAMbarrage of pillows and soft things to break the fall..

I want snow *sniffle..sniffle...cries!* SPAM:(

jinx
12-18-2001, 10:25 PM
Well, here in N. Fl area, we never have a white Christmas unless it's frost. Guess we are fairly normal temp wise at present. But seems we are on the 'cusp' of the fall/winter/spring seasons. Sometimes shrubbery starts blooming again along about now, thinking it's spring time. We have some azaleas blooming now, along with camelias and other seasonal shrubs.
But I don't mind the 70's temps.

aoC_PRoZaK
12-18-2001, 10:30 PM
like it somehow. never liked the cold temps (in austria when we are freezing we say:"im beeing fucked by the icebear":D

Omega
12-23-2001, 10:19 PM
Well, here in Minnesota we got our snow for my white Christmas. SPAMGranted, it's only about 4" as it stands, but it's better than nothing. SPAMMy skis are still being re-bound, so I'm ok with it for now, but once they get back there best be some good snow for me! SPAMI am going to Steamboat, CO on a ski trip in early January, so they'll have good snow.