PDA

View Full Version : W2K: ipconfig won't execute

bilo86
11-01-2002, 09:46 PM
I just installed windows 2000 pro edition. I am trying to setup my router and when I go into the console and try to execute 'ipconfig' nothing happens.

how can I fix this?

eviltechie
11-02-2002, 12:19 AM
console as in "Run" or command Prompt?

for win2k or any winNT based OSes, you need to go to command prompt which can be done by "Run" and type "cmd" then press enter

in the command prompt
you can type ipconfig
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

and many others

bilo86
11-02-2002, 01:35 PM
When i try to refresh it. i get error messages about nothing being there...where can i get a site that will tell me how to setup a router with win2k?

Jason425
11-02-2002, 06:18 PM
when you refresh what? i have xp and had a hard time with my router . *the instructions were for a diff router..* so i just tinked with it and went to d-link site until i figured out a working way to do things

eviltechie
11-02-2002, 08:01 PM
well if you want to configure your router
you need to do it in Control Panel in the Internet and Dialup connection

see if ur network interface card is there
and working properly while hooked onto the router

also ipconfig is for releasing and renewing ip of your network card
your router should have a control panel which you can release and renew ip address and select options on the router

some routers uses a little software while most uses a web browser
and most of the time, it can be reached when you type the local network ip address of the router into the web browser and it will take you to the control panel page for the router

bilo86
11-03-2002, 02:09 PM
ehh..i fixed the problem...the ethernet card drivers werent installed right. i got the it working. thanks for the help

eviltechie
11-03-2002, 05:44 PM
np :)