PDA

View Full Version : Installing Xp after formatting the hard drive

MG
12-12-2002, 11:21 PM
I have formatted the hard drive on a pc and used a windows 98 floppy disk to startup and get to my cdrom, from the cdrom drive I have typed" i386\winnt.exe and installed the files to the hard disk from the XP cd, after this the computer reboots and goes to the blue setup screen and asks "press f6 to install a third party raid or scsi....." there after the PC does nothing. Am I missing something? If I am not mistaken Windows XP setup should have continued on. I need suggestions. Any thoughts?

In need of help,
MG

Uranium-235
12-12-2002, 11:51 PM
when you reboot...take the CD out of the drive

xMerCLorDx
12-13-2002, 10:23 AM
:rofl:

oh don't mind me :wavey:

vee_ess
12-13-2002, 06:28 PM
I think you should try booting off of your CD instead of your floppy. Also, you shoud disable any unused RAID or SCSI in the BIOS as it may be trying to detect it.

05-14-2003, 02:17 PM
when you reboot...take the CD out of the drive Try booting from the cd. You can install windows XP by selection to boot from the CD

james
05-17-2003, 03:59 PM
and if you're using non-standard IDE channels (either RAID/extra ATA on your mobo or from a PCI card, do push F6 and install those drivers). Even if it's not in a raid setup, it will need the drivers to access that bus properly.