Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 03-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Default Caffinated Rambling March 2002

Announcer 1: Hello and Welcome to IT Survivor.  It’s great to have you back and this week we hope we see an even closer competition than last week.

Announcer 2:  Well I’m not sure it can get more heated than last week when the teams resorted to sabotage.

Announcer 1:  Yes I was worried that team blue was going to lose it all after the red team dropped an AS/400 server on red team.

Announcer 2:  But when green team wired red teams server with the ether-killer that fixed their little red wagon. (For those that don’t know, an ether-killer is a standard ether-net cable with a standard AC plug at one end.  Cat 5 ether-net on one end and 120V AC on the other; courtesy of the BOFH articles that are frequently listed on www.theregister.co.uk)

Announcer 1:  Okay let get some background on tonite’s round.  We have 3 teams going into a 3 story building.  Their goal is to build a functional network with at least two operational servers, 10 workstations and an internal e-mail system.

Announcer 2:  Luckily we have not required our contestants to use Microshaft products because we know some IT departments can’t do that under ideal circumstances.

Announcer 1:  Each team will consist of One system administrator, One network tech, 2 Human relations personnel and at least 6 middle to upper management personnel.  

Announcer 2:  We have went to great pain to mimic a true company setting as the administrator and tech will both report directly to everyone else present and to the Pizza delivery guy if he comes around.

Announcer 1:  Yes and just to make it fair we have ensured that none of the HR or Management personnel have absolutely any computer knowledge.  They were asked a series of computer questions and anyone that spoke or grunted in a form resembling their native tongue were immediately disqualified.

Announcer 2:  Now to add a challenge today’s show will be shot at a site we have recently detonated a small nuclear warhead at.

Announcer 1:  This will show each teams ability to cope with disaster and the painful and disfiguring effects of radiation.

Announcer 2:  Here come the teams to the building let’s see how they are going to begin.

Announcer 1:  The blue team has been assigned to the top floor and they are starting to clear rubble and assess what they have and need.

Announcer 2:  The red team on the second floor have already uncovered an older server are starting repairs.   While the HR department of Team Green has called a strategy meeting on the first floor.

Announcer 1:  Yes you can see that the Green Team is working on a business infrastructure while the Red team is starting on the network server.

Announcer 2:  Already we can see the blue team disagreeing.  The Administrator has actually asked one of upper management for help.  This led to both HR members running over and docking him two months pay and giving him a firm beating with a bamboo pole.

Announcer 1:  The Red team is amazingly able to recover some parts from the server on the second floor.  

Announcer 2:  Yes the blast was actually detonated on the second floor for a better spread of the radiation.  I’m surprised they found anything.  What exactly is it.

Announcer 1:  I’m not sure but from here it looks like about one full foot of mouse cable.
Announcer 2:  Very useful.

Announcer 1:  The green team are now moving on to company motto and appropriate dress standards.

Announcer 2:  Boy it looks like the red team is starting to feel the effects of the radiation.  I have seen at least two people pull out hair and I just watched one of the upper management drop some of his teeth.

Announcer 1:  Yhea that’s not a good sign this early on, they might be ahead with parts but they have yet to develop a logo or a mission statement.

Announcer 2:  Now the blue team is in trouble.  The network tech must have vomited as one HR is now over there yelling about healthcare forms and how she needs her printer to print him out a slip to go to the doctor.

Announcer 1:  Yes, but if you were watching the red team despite their debilitating radiation poisoning they got most of their network set up.

Announcer 2:  Yes and green team is now going over options of when to go IPO.  

Announcer 1:  And a very bad loss for the blue team.  As the Network tech shoved the HR rep over the side of the bombed out building he lost his footing and fell.  Then the entire management team followed along with the remaining HR rep.

Announcer 2: Damn lemmings.

Announcer 1: And the System administrator has passed out from radiation exposure.

Announcer 2:  And the red team are amazing us all.  Taking their one foot mouse cord, a Ford pinto and a box of snack crackers they were able to construct a Cray super computer with 10 networked nodes.  That’s amazing.

Announcer 1:  Yes but even though green team has not actually done any physical work they have an amazing corporate strategy.  This one will have to go to the judges.

JUDGES:  Having carefully weighed the results we find the following:

Blue team:  Last place as no one now remains alive.

Red team:  Second place although they achieved greatness in electronic ability they failed to set up any business structure.

Green team:  All out victors.  With an amazing corporate strategy given more time, money, and personnel they would have started another great dot.com business.

Old 03-16-2002, 07:49 AM
aoC_PRoZaK

Default Re: Caffinated Rambling March 2002

muhahahahahaha, i nearly laughed my ass off ;D. this is so freakin funny, i gotta send it to all my friends
Old 03-16-2002, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

lol,  , cray ;D  (kinda like mine)
Old 03-16-2002, 12:23 PM

Talk about a funny post, this has got to be one of the better ones.  I liked how it ended "Blue team:  Last place as no one now remains alive."   LOL!  Good job Savage, keep the posts coming!
Old 03-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Grinnin Reaper

Thanks guys hope everyone enjoy's it as much as ya'll do.  By the way I accept donations in the form of Mt. Dew.  ;D
Old 03-17-2002, 12:41 PM

Just taking a wild guess here but i assume that you like Mt. Dew.  I am not sure if you will get any but i guess that it is worth a try.  The biggest donation that you will probably get from this response is many other compimenting posts.  Sorry to break your heart LOL! ;D
Old 03-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Chef

This can be a great example of case study question from Win2000 track.

GG
Chef
Old 03-17-2002, 01:09 PM

Uhh...My intentions were just to bring a little comedy and laghter to this post.  Doesnt sound like a question to me.   ???