Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Security, Privacy, & Spyware

Old 07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
entertainerz504

Default IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT ZONE ALARM AND VISUAL ZONE

ok i just want to know how can i tell if i have been hacked by just looking at the domain service name and ip address? im running zone alarm and visual zone. if you dont know what visual zone is here is the site: http://visualize.phenominet.com/visu...visualzone.htm , do any computer experts know if this program works well, i think it does because you can look up the ip address of any intruder, and it logs everything which is a good thing
Old 07-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prometheus

well logging is a good feature i dont use zone alarm but try it out worth a try

the thing is there might be to much to log direct connections happen all the time for games, downloading, etc. You have to know what to look for.

im no security expert so im not 100% but give it a try thats what learning computers is about F*cking up and learning more
Old 07-15-2003, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Yeah, ZoneAlarm does in fact log the IP address and port number of each access made. The log should be located in C:\Windows\Internet Logs. The vast majority of the time, however, all of the alerts that are made turn out to just be something trivial like a site pinging you to see if you are still there.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:43 AM
bilo86

In Norton 2003, every intruded attack is logged. It is very nice because it states the type of attack and then gives you a bunch of information of what to do and what not. It leads to a page that gives the visual tracking of the intruders IP address (shows what city he lives in). It also gives all the ISP's information so you can report him.