Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-05-2001, 10:30 PM
Creed182

Default Napster

Here's the latest news from the Napster front.  Napster has agreed to begin offering downloads and streamed audio from three major record labels, according to sources close to the deal.

Under the arrangement, Napster users would first have to subscribe to the company's basic service, which allows people to swap songs by independent labels and self-produced tracks freely.

So what do you guys think?  Who's gonna pay for Napster and whos gonna download a private sever program (which is protected by the very act that crusifies Napster) like aimster or ICQster?
Old 06-07-2001, 07:30 PM
Cariad

Default Re: Napster

Not me, I use Limewire.
Old 06-07-2001, 07:44 PM
Crystal_Helix

While I'm sorry that Napster has got to be the martyr, that's not going to make me fund the corporate monster. The RIAA has become too heavy weight for it's own good. Previous to the 'net, artists depended on it to get their music heard. Now I think that before very long, the first internet only artists will spring up. Not tied to a label, a record company, they won't be people looking for, "The big break". They'll be guys like us, kinda geeky, that just wanna play music like we want to program/mess with computers.

I refuse to line the musical Microsoft's pockets. What can one person do? One would think not a lot... but then again, a couple guys got together and started working on something called Open Source...
Old 06-08-2001, 12:31 AM
Hulaboy

AMEN to that Crystal_Helix!