Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 09-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prometheus
Default wireless net encryptin

My school is going to be encrypting their wireless net

Im living and leeching off this how can i get past the encryption or make a acct on server that allows me?

thanks
Old 09-05-2003, 10:36 AM
TheRogue

I'm still a little ranting from the hacking thread, so here's another rant

Your signature says,

Quote:
4.The RIAA is about money not music
What a hyprocrite you are

You're just as bad as the RIAA, you're against the RIAA because of the money, not the artist's welfare, the RIAA are a threat to you getting free music and warez

I freely admit i'm just as bad, but at least I don't claim i'm against the RIAA for the artist's sake
Old 09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
xMerCLorDx

prometheus there is no legal way to go about that.. if you really wanted to be risky you could find out the encryption key through various scanning methods, but i don't recommend it.

i'm uhm..trying to understand your perspective rogue.. but i can't really see which direction you were going with that attack.. anyway the way he said it, it could have been taken two different ways.. one being 'oh its ok because they're about the money not the artists' or the other..which i think to which he is referring 'the riaa doesn't care about the music they just want to suck money'

anyway i'm still not getting what position you are taking on this argument... even though it wasn't really an argument because this thing started from hiim posting about wireless encryption.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

What Scanning methods? The Worse that will happen is that they find me out fine me OR have me teach how i did it _
Old 09-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

It gets into techniques commonly used in WarDriving, with packet sniffers.

To summarize, the method involves sitting around, and collecting enough stray packets to gather the encryption info using programs to look at/analyze the data in the packets. Wireless networks are inherently flawed in this manner, because rather than just transmitting data to/from the access point and access card, it sends data everywhere within its range. All the good software, that I'm aware of, requires an Orinoco card and Linux, though.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

What programs do I use for this
Old 09-08-2003, 11:17 PM
james

the search function does occasionally prove useful (or at least scrolling down the lenght of the page).

http://techwarelabs.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4280