Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 04-10-2002, 09:03 PM
The_Other_One

Default Found my new video card!

I REALLY didn't want to order a video card off the internet, but I most stores close to me carry either cheap cards or hi end cards, nothing in between.  Well, I went to Best Buy, and I found an ATI Radeon 8500, 64M DDR, VGA, DVI, and S Video out for $124!  And this isn't with any rebates that I probably wont ever get.  I plan on getting it tomarrow, unless someone tells me a major flaw with those cards, or with my chipset and that card(Via KT133a)
Old 04-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Jord413

Default Re: Found my new video card!

Sounds like a good deal to me.  From what I've heard the 8500's are a good card.  I think they make a 128 meg version.  I would see if you can get that and / or how much extra it is.  Thumbs up on the find.

I got a GF4 MX440 for 122.25 off the net.  Not the best card but just right for my budget.  Wish I saw the 8500 that you found.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:17 PM
The_Other_One

I was about to get a GF4 MX440...  I found an Abit model for $100 even.  I'm glad I found this one though.  The site that had the GF4 was very unclear on what I was getting...

And about the 128M version, it's about $299.  If not that much, much for then I want to spend.  And either way, I'll probably have a new computer within a year, so I don't need the top of the line card.
Old 04-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Jord413

Good choice...I get a score of about 4600 on the 3dMark2001SE benchmarks.  I've seen 8500's score well over 8000 on the test.  I want to return my card and get one of them.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:26 PM
The_Other_One

WOW!!!  I didn't think it was this good!!!

7559 3D Marks (1024x768x32bit, compressed textures, pure HW T&L, no antialiasing)

Much higher then my 3000 score with my GF2 GTS.  I do like the card so far, but I see things that may get on my nerves soon.  Like, I don't see a way to completely disable the flicker filter(but the quality is quite nice...)  I'm also a bit suprized that I can't watch a DVD on my TV while doing somthing else on my other screen.  I know our computer a school with can do this(between 2 monitors)  but it's not that big of a deal...