Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 04-11-2002, 07:32 PM
jinx

Default Microsoft Backs Down

Is MS having problems selling your personal data it collects ? Read this story from 'EPIC'.

"As of today, Microsoft has abandoned its Hailstorm or "My Services" platform because of privacy and security risks inherent in centralized storage of personal information.  Additionally, Microsoft was unable to find partner companies that were willing to use the Hailstorm system for collecting information on consumers.  Microsoft's Hailstorm is a system of remotely accessible services that were dependent upon identification of Internet users and storage of their personal data."

Rest of story:

Microsoft Backs Down
----------
Old 04-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: Microsoft Backs Down

I am glad that they decided to do that...but they probally already gave our so called "private" information to anyone willing to give them something in return.

It seems like everyone is selling that crap now...
I just got a letter from yahoo saying that my private information is now not so private. damn yahoo