Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 04-23-2002, 07:05 PM
wezley

Default Problem with new AMD 4 (L2 Cache)

I have recently acquired a new laptop witch has a new AMD Athlon4 Chip but when going into benchmarking it says my L2 Cache needs to be Enabled? but the problem is that i cannot enable it through my bios as it does not have the function to do so, i have already done the pencil trick on the L1 Cache and now i need to know how to Enable the L2. My bios is Phoenix ver C.0D-6.2-3236, my chip is 1100 mhz AMD Ahtlon 4.My system Ram is 512MB. with a via chipset.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 01:28 PM
aoC_PRoZaK

Default Re: Problem with new AMD 4 (L2 Cache)

ok, bro, you've connected the l1 bridges, this has got nothin to do with ya l1 cache. and if ya l2 cache wasn't running, your machine would be darn slow. so tell us what benchmark are you using?
Old 04-24-2002, 06:46 PM
wezley

Hello thanks for the reply, my benchmark was done using PC PITSTOP and I have also used MAD ONION and SI SOFT SANDRA but they all seem to come up with similar problems and i cannot work it out ????????????? ???
Old 04-25-2002, 07:41 AM
aoC_PRoZaK

man, are ya using the newest versions of the benchmarks? and have ya penciled the processor yet? if ya did the pencil trick on the wrong bridges on the CPU you maybe have manually disabled the L2 cache. i would suggest to remove all pencil stuff on the processor. connecting wrong bridges may even kill ya new Athlon 4 ??? : :P
Old 04-25-2002, 06:02 PM
wezley

Hi again, I have rubbed off the pencil and i still get the exact same results so i have no idea what is happening and i also have new problem when i start windows xp ( yes i know xp is bad an all that but it is the os i have at the mo) anyway i keep getting messages that tell me SPOOLSV.EXE or SPOOL.EXE is trying to open and will now be terminated???

Any ideas???