Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 05-15-2002, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega
Default Editorial: Nice Guys

Well, on my posting spree, I decided I'd link y'all to this article I recently read. It's an editorial about how nice guys finish last, and after reading it, I definitely sympathize. This describes a good chunk of my life, but lets hear what you all think.

http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/g_hols/Niceguy
Old 05-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: Editorial: Nice Guys

Since angelfire sucks you have to copy the link and paste into your address bar....
Old 05-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe

That article is so true, I cannot beieve how much that describes most of the girls that I know.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:04 PM
jinx

Or you can RIGHT click on it and open in a new window. Then the horiz scroll must be a mile long. Best to copy the txt and paste in wordpad or get dizzy from the horiz scroll.
Yes, the article sure has a lot of truth in it, which is why Ann Landers always gets plenty of letters asking " Where are all the nice guys " ? , after they get tied up with an a**hole.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:36 AM
thetechfreak

so very very true  :'(

im on 1024 and was alrite with the scroll
Old 05-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Propig

You know. You guys really stink. Maybe if you weren't trying to go for the idiot chicks, with big boobs and butts, you would realize there are some of us that are really nice.

Why don't you try going for the brainiacks -- oops, I forgot there can't be any. All girls are idiots - and like the article said you all fall right into the asshole category.
Old 05-18-2002, 02:32 AM
thetechfreak

/me disagree's with propigs post, most of the better lookin girls here are the brainiacks and the ones who go with the assholes
Old 05-18-2002, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

that's funny, he ;D he ;D he ;D and true
Old 05-19-2002, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

Clearly there are some generalizations being made, but I don't think the article said that all chicks were stupid in the sense that they went for assholes.

Think about this though: are the nice guys going to be the ones who are only interested in the "big boobs and butts?" I'll make a generalization and say no, they generally won't. The assholes, like the article said, are just interested in getting some action (involving the "big boobs and butts"). Not to say that nice guys don't appreciate some nice physical features on women, but that's generally not their only interest (if it were, then I think by the article's definition they would no longer be nice guys, but assholes).

I also don't think the article ever said there weren't chicks who don't fall for the assholes. I know for a fact that there are both kinds of women, and never claimed otherwise.

Propig, I sense there might be some bitterness about chicks with "big boobs and butts," based on your saying that guys only go for them. Wouldn't that then be supporting the article? I think that chicks who fall for the assholes probably are assholes themselves, to some extent, and therefore deserve the assholes. These chicks, however, use nice guys simply as objects to fill what's lacking in the asshole boyfriends they have. Hopefully, the nice guy eventually realizes what's going on, and will then devote his attention to the nice women, who will reciprocate the attention and feelings.

When I talk to women, who I feel to be those who go for assholes, and say "why aren't there any nice guys?" I reply, "There are, and in fact, you know him. The guy you ignore, but is such a great friend...he's the one" (well, something to that extent).
Old 05-20-2002, 11:18 AM
Propig

I don't resent the girls. It's the guys. For the longest time, whenever I met a guy, he always seemed to be after one thing. I always gave him a chance to prove me wrong and I was always right. Until one day. I met a guy and actually ended up spending the night at his house. He never even tried to lay a hand on me. I grew to respect and like him very much. Unfortunately, before I could really get to know him, he died of an insulin overdose.

Not all nice guys finish last. Many finish first. It all depends on where you look...............

I did not mean to make it sound like I was jumping on anyone, but, being pretty much the only girl posting to this site, I did not appreciate the stereotype. That and I was having a really crappy day at work (all guys) and needed to vent. Sorry.