PDA

View Full Version : Help With Website

Steps2000.com
06-13-2001, 12:07 PM
I want to know how do I make it so when people click thumbnails of picture the piture popup in a box that is as big as the picture not as big as one page? Can any one help ???

wizbones
06-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Okay, here is some very simple JavaScript that you can embed in an anchor tag (a link) that will cause another browser window to launch and you can control the size of the window too. Here's the code:

small_thumbnail.jpg (javascript:void(0))

The anchor tag surrounds an image tag, but it could be any link you wanted. The key part of the script is you control the size by changing the pixel dimentions of the width and height. SPAM

All the other parts of the browser window are turned on because 1=true. If you didn't want to display the menubar you would set menubar=0 and so on.

Better late than never right?

TheRogue
06-01-2002, 04:03 PM
should of waited a couple of weeks to make it 1 year anniversary.. by the looks of it this guy is long gone...

looking at the site he never did figure it out lol :)

as i dont like to spam ill include my;

WOOPEE GOLDEN TECHIE 250 POSTS!!! :D:D:D

in this post ;)

Simon Wilson
06-02-2002, 05:12 AM
Actually I am still here

TheRogue
06-02-2002, 06:50 AM
o...you been here the whole time waitin for an answer?

jinx
06-02-2002, 07:36 AM
Yes, If you still need some help on it, post back. Although wizbones method is a good one, it is not the way I do it. Actually when you post an image to a webpage, use the 'link' method and link the image- thumbnail- to the full size image. You need only to upload the one image, size the smaller one- thumbnail- and link to the full size one.

wizbones
06-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Jinx,

Although you can do it that way, it defeats what he's asking for. When you click the thumbnail it will open a broswer window full size leave tons of white space around your graphic unless it's a very large one.

The pop window method lets you specifiy the size of the window so you can display your graphic nicely and centered in the window etc.

There are several ways to display your graphics. If this pop up method doesn't work for what you're wanting to do then let me know and I'll give you other options.

RogueProtoKol,

Way to stick yer foot in yer mouth eh? LOL Good one.

jinx
06-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi wizbones,
I have tried dozens of scripts to expand images and never got any of them to work, couldn't get yours above to work either, if you wish to post an example, it would be appreciated.

wizbones
06-10-2002, 07:55 PM
Jinx,

Sure no problem. You can use either one graphic or two graphics to acheive a simple pop up. But you do have to create a page for the graphic to pop up into.

For a working example go to http://www.apao.org/eigthann.shtml

The little stars are the links that pop up a window with only a graphic in it.

Now you could take the graphic and size it down via the img src tag for a thumbnail or creat a thumbnail. In this case I just used the stars.

Any questions give me a holler and I can elaborate more.

wizbones
06-10-2002, 08:25 PM
Ok,

here is a working example for Steps200.com

http://www.wizbonespc.com/Gallery/FayeGallery.html

When you click the thumbnail it will open a window with the actaul full size graphic in it.

You can view source on the FayeGallery.html page to get the link code for the href tag. Make sure that for what ever picture your loading in the pop up that you specifiy the width and height correctly in the href tag.

The code for the pop up page itself : This is the page you'll load in the javascript pop up tag in the href.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
SPAM SPAM SPAM<title>Faye Gallery</title>
</head>

<body marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0">

<p align="center">FA001.jpg</p>

</body>
</html>

Hope that helps, if not sorry charlie SPAM:o

wizbones
06-10-2002, 08:31 PM
PS for STEPS2000.com

The reason your Galleries are not working is you're not pointing to the correct directories.

Example: the LisaGallery.html you are pointing all the img src tags to /Lisa/filename.jpg when they are actually in Gallery/Lisa/Filename.jpg - Also if you upload your files all in caps then you need to link as well all in caps. FILENAME.JPG > FILENAME.jpg will not work when linked. Make sense?

Hope that helps a little more. Ok, I'm done pickin.

jinx
06-11-2002, 06:19 PM
Ok, thanks wiz,
I saved the scripts and examples, and will try them soon as I have time.