Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 06-27-2002, 11:51 AM
Grinnin Reaper

Default This really p!$$#$ me off

http://www.cnet.com/software/0-32278...-1.html?tag=ld  
Trin' to say that you have to pay to get music online.  If people keep tryin' to promote this crap it might just come to pass.  Down with pay services and long live P-2-P
Old 06-27-2002, 12:05 PM

Default Re: This really p!$$#$ me off

I see where your coming from man...there trying to take advantage of the ignorant people out there that dont know what there doing...like smoking advertisments!!!  I dont think that this matter is right because i have never paid for online music and if they think that this is a good buisness proposition...well they better think again, only fools would fall for this and i dont think this is a legit solution to an alternative from P2P
Old 06-28-2002, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

If you think about it though, we really are stealing someone else's hardwork and enjoying its benefits. For these reasons, I only download what I can hear on the radio, anyways. I don't blame them for trying.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:55 AM
Grinnin Reaper

My thought is that it would be stealing if I keep from buying CD's because I got MP3's.  I still try to get the same CD's anyway, but let's face I'll never but a CD for 1 or 2 songs anyway.  MP3's or not I won't do it.  It just allows me to get music I wouldn't have had by any other means.  It doesn't change my buyin' habits.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:56 PM

being that this industry probably feels the same way that vee_ess does...the whole "if you cant hear it on the radio, it aint free" and i think that that is a legitiment reason for not downloading unusual or not common MP3's, but if you werent able to do that...they wouldnt of came up w/ the law of copying and selling..now that is a totally different issue and i think that anybody woud agree w/ me when i say that that is a definite no no.  Scandalous and low...
Old 06-29-2002, 05:57 AM
Grinnin Reaper

I have no problem gettin' MP3's as long as it doesn' change my buyin' habits.  But yes if d/l MP3's burn 'em and sell 'em that would be low.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess
Default Re: This really p!$$3$ me off

Selling anything you don't have rights to is a felony and extremely illegal, too. If someone does that, there is no doubt that that is stealing.