Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > General Board

Old 07-04-2002, 02:53 AM

Default How fast can you type?

This poll is just to see how fast all of us here can type, but i want to see if i even compare to you guys at typing...im guessing no...
[poll]
[opt] 0-20 wpm [/opt]
[opt] 30-50 wpm [/opt]
[opt] 60-80 wpm [/opt]
[opt] 90-100 wpm [/opt]
[opt] 100+ wpm [/opt]
[/poll]

[GUEST]
Old 07-04-2002, 02:58 AM

Default Re: How fast can you type?

yeah on good days...really good days i can peak about 75...but that is the most that ive probably gotten..on usuall count i do about 50 to 60 wpm...just because like i said i like to type for some odd reason...the one big thing that has probably helped me alot would have to be messenget services like Trillain because of all the people that i got on there... i gotta type fast so that i can keep up with all of the conversations!
Old 07-04-2002, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

I also have to give credit to the Internet, and especially the chat part, for any typing speed that I have. I don't type as fast as I used to though, but that is only do to the fact that I don't think bout it when I type, it has become like speakin. Except I dont stutter when I type. LOL  ;D.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:25 AM
aoC_PRoZaK

i am a lame typer cuz i never learned any system, i use the finger that is nearest the button i wanna press, but i got rather fast for that technique by the time and i can nearly type blind. vee_ess, does that mean ya can type faster than ya can speak? respect!
Old 07-04-2002, 04:46 AM

yeah the only reason i type at a moderate speed is because i took a year of pure typing class...and trust me that class was a breeze..but benifitial at the same time as now i can type about the same speed that i can talk at a normal speed of talkin!
Old 07-04-2002, 04:50 AM
aoC_PRoZaK

gotta learn that 10 finger stuff too
Old 07-04-2002, 06:12 AM
Grinnin Reaper

You left out the whole "minutes per word" section. Where the he!! am I gonna be able to cast me vote??  > j/k I'm guessin' about 30 to 40 but I have tried to test myself in about 8 or 9 years.  Back when "keyboarding" was just coming in and we had like four IBM PC's and about 12 typewritters.  Ain't no damn delete key on those.  
Old 07-04-2002, 10:12 AM
The_Other_One

I was never much of a typest...  In school, we had to take Keyboarding, and I was the second fastest person in there, getting 40WPM.  I may be a bit faster now, because I can acctually type without looking at the KB at all, but I'm still pretty slow...  But, alot of people tell me I'm pretty fast, and it seems I'm with the majority here...
Old 07-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

[quote author=-=aoC|PRoZaK=- link=board=general&num=1025769199&start=0#3 date=07/04/02 at 04:25:53]vee_ess, does that mean ya can type faster than ya can speak? respect!
[/quote]
Yes it does...LOL. But only when I have to. I talk at a constant rate, and my casual typing is slower than that, but if I am rushing, I type faster than I can possibly talk...voice dictation is useless for me. It's still fun though.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:43 AM
Rogue (lazy as ever)

most ive ever got is in the 90 wpm range, i average somewhere around 60 if i be careful, i can type blind (almost), if i spent more time typing properly than chat i would probably have a higher average good wpm (eg less mistakes)

i learnt to type with just experience, i had mavis beacon teaches typing, but it was a ball of crap, i hate the system they try to teach you, i think practice makes perfect is the best way

for me the best time to type is when its slightly warm, atm my fingers are kinda cold and it puts me off, also atm my keyboard seems really loud