Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 07-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega
Default Omega's FTP Server

It's finally happened. With my newfound source of bandwidth (cable), I've re-set up my FTP server. It took quite a bit of work, because I'm sharing stuff that I have to access over a network, and then I wanted to configure it so things could be uploaded to drop_box, but no where else, and a slew of other things. Nevertheless, although my upstream bandwidth is capped at 384 Kb, if a few people are on at a time it should be acceptable.

Take what you want, and leave some good stuff in the drop box (mp3, music videos, movies, apps, tv shows, funny things, etc.).

A quick breakdown of what's where (since I haven't organized it well yet:

Files: Things I've downloaded recently, includes programs, drivers
->DC: A few mp3s, some movies, some apps.
 ->Fun: Well, take a look, you'll probably figure that out
 ->Lit: Various book, manuals, guides, other written things
 ->Misc: Funny shockwave files and video clips, mostly
 ->Movies: More movies
 ->Music Videos: Obvious
 ->TV Shows: Simpsons, Stargate, Futurama, South Park, and Family Guy episodes
->Win_mx: Same as fun above

More files: Lots of older stuff I've downloaded, including stuff like winzip, napster, drivers, and other apps...take a look in installed for most of the stuff

MP3: Kind of obvious, no? This is ~700 mp3s, to the best of my recollection.

pr0n: Umm, this is, well...you get the idea

more pr0n: Yes, believe it or not, there's even more

Dropbox: Leave things here, and you can download from there too. As of 07.10.02 11:10 PM CST there's a prank call to some lady...pretty funny.

Well, there you have it...I didn't list everything I have, and it will be growing even as you browse it, so enjoy, and give back to the community in the dropbox. If anyone has any problems with it, let me know and I'll try to fix it up.

At long last, the information to connect:

Address: p14nd4.com
Port: 21 (standard ftp)
IE Link: p14nd4.com

Any standard FTP client should work to connect to it. You shouldn't be able to upload anywhere other than dropbox, and you shouldn't be able to delete anything. If you discover otherwise, please let me know privately (IM, email, PM, etc.), and don't abuse the problem.

Enjoy, and don't forget to upload!
Old 07-10-2002, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Omega's FTP Server

Alright sounds good Omega!  Ill send u some mp3's and maybe some nice soccer goals....lol...anyway congrates on the FTP and hope it turns out to be well to your advantage! ;D
Old 07-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

Cool...yeah, ive always wanted to host my own site...but never got past 56k...
you really don't want to use CloneCD at 2X, do ya? there is another file with the answer...

i'll see what else i can add...

I can see it but i cant copy any of it...tryin for the divx...been meanin to dload it. i cant sign in to the FTP usin WS FTP Pro
Old 07-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Omega(work)

I don't use WS FTP Pro, so I'm not quite sure how it's set up, but make sure your login is Anonymous and any password. If that doesn't do it, try switching between PASV and PORT mode.

How were you viewing the files before you tried with WS FTP Pro?
Old 07-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

FTP Pro has problems with transferring for me. So I just Used IE, and once I Found a file, I downloaded it with dap
Old 07-13-2002, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega

Just an FYI, my FTP has grown over 18 GB since I posted it, so like I said...always growing.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:34 PM

Yes i would have guessed that it would get that big...and with all the good stuff u got on it...im sure i will continue to escelade like crazy!  Just hope that it wont get bigger than what u can handle, that wouldnt be good...ive downloaded a couple songs off of their, thanks!  ;D
Old 07-14-2002, 03:19 AM
Administrator

On a somewhat related note, I've now run out of hard disk space (filled up 80 gb RAID array, and 30 gb network server), so I'm going to start buring things to CDs to accomidate more downloads. The first things to go are probably going to be movies and tv shows.

I'm planning on getting two more 80 GB hard drives to set up another RAID array, and eventually maybe two more 80 GB hard drives to have a logical drive of 320 GB, but that's several hundred dollars away.

If you want to donate money or hard drives to the Omega FTP fund, feel free .
Old 07-14-2002, 03:34 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Uranium-235 Send a message via AIM to Uranium-235

Ya know what ya do with those gigabytes of movies to optimize space???

get Winrar. And make a SFX (Self Extracting Executable) multi-volumed archives (650M Archives) for all your movies. Made Cd1, CD2, CD3...

So in the end, all you have to do is insert CD1, execute the single 650M executable, and start extracting from that one. Eventually it will ask for the disk with filename.r00, so you insert the second disk, press OK, and it will contiune to extract until all of them are extracted to the directory you want. You compress them down, and optimize the # of CD 's to burn them to