PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Internet Explorer and Paypal

grewitch
01-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Hi, I hope somebody can help me.

For the last two weeks I have been having trouble accessing Paypal on IE. Everytime I try, I get a 'page not found'. My Opera browser does not have this problem. As far as I am aware, I have made no changes to my settings to allow for this. Also, and this maybe linked, When I try to place an order at www.dddhouse.com, the confirmation page to confirm my order also comes up as 'page not found', so my order does not go through. Opera isn't a help at this either.
I have tried looking at my settings, but they seem to be in order.
All this is very annoying, I hope you can help.

Thanks!
:mad: [/b]

Prometheus
01-20-2004, 12:42 PM
I found a solution

dont use IE

also check your cookie settings and the such

StinkyMojo
01-20-2004, 03:27 PM
I found a solution

dont use IE

also check your cookie settings and the such

In fact.. use nothing but firebird... :nod:

Jason425
01-20-2004, 06:24 PM
those don't help.. IE is needed for some things.. and firebird is far from perfect.. in fact i find it's SLOWER than IE while it's main clame is to be faster.. Check your IE settings in the internet options.. also check for spyware and virus's.. or reinstall IE

StinkyMojo
01-21-2004, 10:40 AM
overall features though... I'll take firebird for now

grewitch
01-22-2004, 05:00 AM
Thanks guys! But still no joy after virus check, setting check and everything.
Oh well.

cherrypie
01-24-2004, 11:46 PM
are you having problems with any other secure sites on your IE? and what have you tried so far? do u have SP1? what is the encryption level and what version of IE do you have? also what OS?

Jason425
01-25-2004, 12:06 AM
go to start, run, type msconfig and get rid of the startup entries.. see what happens

grewitch
01-27-2004, 04:55 AM
Guys:

The only site other than Paypal I'm having trouble with is http:/www.dddhouse.com and that's only on the screen when you submit your order, otherwise there are no problems.

My cookie level is set to 'low'. I have tried to look at me Zonealarm firewall settings and tried to access Paypal with the firewall off, but the problem still ocurres. I've run ad-aware and Norton anti-virus, but all this has not made a difference.

My IE version 6.0.2600, operating system is Win 2000 professional.

I tried typing in msconfig and get a 'cannot find file (or one of it's components)'.

Hope that helps.

Uranium-235
01-27-2004, 12:50 PM
there is none. but you can download startupCPL

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

StinkyMojo
01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
are you having problems with any other secure sites on your IE? and what have you tried so far? do u have SP1? what is the encryption level and what version of IE do you have? also what OS?
damn.. a hot chick that knows her browsers :wavey: :o :P that is sooooooooo cool

cherrypie
01-27-2004, 04:26 PM
he he thanx =)

windows 2000 has no msconfig......its in the registry......

try this >>> start >> run >> regsvr32 softpub.dll
may fix it if u have all your updates.

Jason425
01-27-2004, 07:43 PM
i didn't know he was running 2k. Woohoo paypal! (I HATE PAYPAL!!!!) :mad: