Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Go Back   Techwarelabs Community > Tech > Networking

Old 06-16-2001, 09:29 AM
Marten

Default problem with ICS with win 2000 server

Hello,
I need some help on fixing the internet connection sharing on wondows 2000 server.

i have one server and two clients , i got an internet connection from btworldonline ADSL. i have an DHCP , DNS on the server.

now the problem is that the internet  won't work on the clients computer (win 2000 pro) when i ping the client computer form  the server i get  a responce and when i ping from the client computer to the server i get an responce too .
the client computer picks up the ip i have  assigned to the dhcp so thats working fine , i can see exaclly what ip it has picked and is working fine there isn't n problem with the networking we can share files , printer and so on ...

i've set up the ICS on the  btworldonline dial up and it said it will change the ip to 192.168.0.1 . is done that and everything has changed .

but stillthe ICS won't work.
can anyone help me
i'd be really greatfull
Thank you
Marty
Old 06-18-2001, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Re: problem with ICS with win 2000 server

Try this web site out:

Win2k ICS
Old 06-19-2001, 09:53 AM
Marten

Thank you for the site i'll check it out Streat away .
thanks again never thought i'd get quick help
Have a great day.
I'll inform you if the problem is fixed
cheers
Marty
Old 06-20-2001, 05:41 AM
Marten

HI,
I WENT TO THE WEBSITE YOU GAVE ME AND  IT DOES HELP BUT I CAN'T STILL GET THE ICS  WORKING ON THIS SERVER .

IT SAYS THAT  THERE IS A PROBLEM OF RUNNING ICS ON WINDOWS 2000 SERVER IF YOU HAVE  THE  DHCP AND DNS RUNNING(ENABLED) YOU CAN'T RUN ICS IT WILL CONFLICT.
THE ONLY THING I HAVEN'T DONE YET IS TO INSTALL THE USB MODEM ON A CLIENT COMPUTER, WELL AS I KNOW OF IT'S GOING TO CAUSE SOME TRUBLE , AS IT WOULD CREAT A DHCP AND DNS FOR IT SELF WHEN I INSTALL THE ICS  , THEN HOW CAN I USE THE INTERNET THROUGH THE SERVER? NOT SURE YET. HOPE THERES SOMEONE OUT THERE TO HELP ME ON THE WAY THANKS
MARTY