Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 04-27-2002, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Keefe Send a message via AIM to Keefe Send a message via MSN to Keefe Send a message via Yahoo to Keefe
Default Server Load Balancing

I want to load balance two linux based web servers.  What would be the best hardware or software to use to do this?  I would preferrably like to stick to a tight budget.

-kj
Old 04-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Chef

Default Re: Server Load Balancing

Can't help you with Linux, but it's probably working the same way as with Win2000.
Basically : It's not about hardware, you just need 2 machines with enought HDD space and stuff all required for good server.
Then you assign IP addresses, twice : for each machine and the whole system. You may also want to have good connection between these serevers. Then you assign under what conditions user requests are sent to another server.
In W2K Adv load balance is built-in running as service , don't know about Linux ...

How exactly to do that ? You'll have to dig some books & check the web. It's far beyond forum thread. Some call it art  

Good luck
Chef
Old 05-09-2002, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Omega Send a message via AIM to Omega Send a message via MSN to Omega Send a message via Yahoo to Omega
Default Re: Server Load Balancing

If you want to talk to some people who have fairly good knowledge of Linux, go over to irc.arstechnica.com and join either #arstechnica or #linux (#linux doesn't always have people actively there).

I was reading over at Anandtech that they have a complete server dedicated to load balancing, but that'd probably be a little over the "tight budget" to which you were referring.