Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 05-20-2004, 03:21 AM
piulibero

Default pc anyware question

hi ,

i am using dial up conection with Pc Anyware to access a remote server.My Modem dials the server seems to respond ,seems to connect but i get in my pc a black screen.What's goin on here?The screen setings on the server are set to low.what am i supposed to do?

thank you?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:14 AM
TWL Owner

First check the FAQ for connecting to a server. Secondly any security software on the server end could and likely is the reasonyou cannot get in. Unless the server is configured to accept incoming PC anywhere sessions you will not get in. Check the settings on both ends for compatibility.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:14 AM
TWL Owner

Welcome to TWL BTW. Jason425 may be able to help you.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Travis

Default Re: pc anyware question

Quote:
Originally Posted by piulibero
hi ,

i am using dial up conection with Pc Anyware to access a remote server.My Modem dials the server seems to respond ,seems to connect but i get in my pc a black screen.What's goin on here?The screen setings on the server are set to low.what am i supposed to do?

thank you?
Make sure the version of PcAnywhere is installed correctly and it is compatible with the OS you are using it on(on both sides).
Old 05-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jason425 Send a message via Yahoo to Jason425

I've never used pcanywhere.. but try disabling all firewalls (especially the XP one as it seems to cause the most problems) and try again.
Dell Inspiron 1420 in Midnight Blue - Intel Core2Duo T7300 2.0GHZ/4MB - 2GB Ram - Nvidia 8400 GS 128mb - DVD/RW - 160GB 7200RPM - 14.1" Antiglare - Intel 4965AGN - Bluetooth 2.0 - 2MP Webcam - Vista Home Premium
2005 Mazda3i in Strato Blue
http://www.jasondsmith.net

Old 05-21-2004, 02:11 AM
james

is there any particular reason you are using pcanywhere. Things like remote desktop are probably better these days. I've never had a good experience with pcanywhere and advise against it unless you absolutely have to use it.