PDA

View Full Version : Chat room

Josh1
08-14-2001, 08:29 PM
Another idea, is that get a chat room on the site, for the users that want real time help, or just to chat about anything really. SPAMYou might want to have a look at http://www.livehelper.com SPAMThis applet has remote desktop, really cool I think. Very usefull also.

SinnopS
08-14-2001, 08:48 PM
thats a great idea. an IRC chat or simmilar would be great. that live helper thing is pretty cool too

Josh1
08-14-2001, 09:01 PM
Yes it is, very good idea for the site. SPAMIt would help the site out big time. SPAMRemote acess helps alot, it is real cool. SPAMI think it would be a good add to the site. SPAMThey have alot of the remote acess applet on other sites, so I think it would help.

lynchmob
08-24-2001, 05:46 PM
Good idea, except whenever I am logged on during the daytime hours I am either the only one on the site, or there is only one other person. SPAMDoes this support the idea of a chat room?

Josh1
08-24-2001, 07:02 PM
Well its pretty simple the way it works. SPAMThe operator downloads the software on the PC, then they log on. SPAMWhenever a client logs on to the Applet the operator is notfied that a user at whatever IP as logged on. So they converse. SPAMIf no one is logged on then you will get a message saying so and then ask to leave an email if you wish. SPAMIf the operator are logged on but busy, then you will get a message saying all are busy, and you can wait for the next one. SPAMThere is no limt on the operators that can be logged on, I don't think so. SPAM
I agree with you as it is not the idea of a "Chat Room" Such as ICQ, AOl , and Paltalk. SPAMMore like Netmetting or MSN IM or YIM. SPAMAs the "Chat Room" I'm sure if they wanted to they could put one one the site. SPAMMore or less like this, if a user wants live help right then and there then that is what the applet is mainly used for. SPAM

SinnopS
08-25-2001, 05:03 PM
well, this is what we got now...

http://www.netsmog.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general&action=display&num=998776096

thats untill we can get soemthing more userfriendly