Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Old 07-27-2004, 05:02 PM
JMNemonic

Default HELP! TCPIP is hosed!

IPCONFIG returns an internal error, unsupported request. I was connected remotely to my work, when I received a message that my system was infected with SASSER and did not have the proper MS patches. My PC was then disconnected and shut down. On reboot, I have ran the latest NAV and SASSER fixes, with no SASSER infections found. I have ran various WINSOCK fixes, with no luck. I have also removed the NIC adapter and reinstalled AND uninstalled MS Client and reinstalled with no change. I would like to remove TCPIP, but XP does not allow it. I have also ran AdAware, SpyBot S&D, and HiJackThis, all of which failed to correct the problem. This one has me stumped. Help Pleeeeaaaase!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Chronique Technique
Lab Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Prometheus

Sasser is probably hiding.

Boot Norton AV
Old 07-28-2004, 02:33 AM
JMNemonic

That could be a problem. I have a download version of NAV 2004, and it doesn't look like their is a way to make a boot disk. I have checked the XP CD for a copy of AVBoot, which was included with W2K CD, but no such luck. Any suggestions?
Old 07-28-2004, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to vee_ess Send a message via AIM to vee_ess Send a message via MSN to vee_ess Send a message via Yahoo to vee_ess

If you have any room for another partition on any drive, make another installation of Windows and try from there.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:50 AM
JMNemonic

I do not have any unpartitioned space available. Also, I have ran NAV from safe mode, and it still does not find a virus.