Techwarelabs Community

Techwarelabs Community (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/index.php)
-   Operating Systems (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Video card install problem (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/showthread.php?t=11204)

Algorithms 08-09-2005 05:24 PM

Video card install problem

Hey guys, problem, here, using WinXP whenever I complete setup, I get an error message IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL. The error message happens when I complete setup, and I am on the desktop, in the process of updating the Video card, Video Card is Gforce 6660 Pci-e what do you think I should do?

Jason425 08-09-2005 07:57 PM

irq conflict? Try totally wiping out your drivers and starting over.
You may even need to reinstall windows to totally fix it

Algorithms 08-09-2005 09:27 PM

Right will do, what is your option of that video card Gforce 6600 Pci-e, you think that it will be able to handle game that come out in the next two years? Let me also ask you when do you think Pci-e will become an adopted standard? In the future way beyond using the PCI bus, do you think the AGP format will be upgraded sort of like the old PCI flavor, to the new PCI flavor? When do you think Dual and Triple GPU’s will be the standard? Concerning CPU’s in the coming years do you see just an increase in the speed, or the number of actual silicon's inside the CPU. Sort of like an Intel PIV with dual Processing Units inside the CPU (physical), not HT Tech (virtual). Sorry for all of the questions, just want to know what you guys think.

Jason425 08-10-2005 12:38 AM

the video card is decent - won't play the new games with the highest graphics settings, but they should play good enough.

PCI-E is advancing faster than most expected. AGP has little time left, at least in the high end.
As far as dual core chips go, it sounds like that may be where the most advancements are made for a while. It should be interesting to see what they come up with.

Algorithms 08-10-2005 02:22 PM

Thanks, what about FarCry do you think it would handle max settings? What about Call of duty2 and Quake 4, you think it might be able to handle the default settings?

Tyler 08-10-2005 06:59 PM

You likely won't be able to play max settings on any of those games with that video card. Well maybe you could but it would be choppy as hell :)

If that card doesn't run well on Doom3 then you can expect it won't run well at all on Quake4.

Jason425 08-10-2005 11:55 PM

I have an x800xt and I have a hard time with far cry super maxed out sometimes.
With the budget you appear to be in, I would focus on being content with medium settings at best.

Uranium-235 08-11-2005 02:16 PM

you could run it at high/med settings, 1024x768 without AA or Aniso enabled. You should of shot for a 6600GT

Algorithms 08-15-2005 04:10 PM

Thanks guys, but it is obvious you people do not know what you are talking about. I should have gone with my intuitions before I registered with this site. I will seek help from higher intelligence, rather then the diluted incompetent drones that are on this site.

Tyler 08-15-2005 04:15 PM

uhh? Explain yourself.