Techwarelabs Community

Techwarelabs Community (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/index.php)
-   Operating Systems (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ipconfig fails in XP (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/showthread.php?t=3030)

matt1968 01-13-2003 11:23 PM

Ipconfig fails in XP

Ipconfig says internal error, request not supported, unable to query routing information.

I already reset tcp/ip with netsh

Thanks for any ideas!

eviltechie 01-13-2003 11:52 PM

check

ipconfig /all

maybe your NIC is busted

01-15-2003 07:57 PM

thanks for the try, but ipconfig won't run period. the NIC is a 802.11b dlink card that has been a problem. the card connects to the router, but browser/ping/ip no luck. not sure other than a os reinstall

Uranium-235 01-16-2003 12:15 AM

check your device manage and see if the drivers are installed/working

Omega 01-25-2003 02:36 AM

I'd suggest checking to make sure your wireless settings are configured properly, if the TCP/IP stuff isn't working. This includes checking security settings (enable/disable/configure WEP as needed), add your MAC address to your AP's access list, if necessary, and make sure your SSID is correct (capitalization *does* matter).

kji 04-24-2003 07:41 AM

I am having the same problem...

when i run ipconfig i get unable to query routing information. I have two separate nics installed- one wireless multiport 802.11b, and one integrated 10/100. Any ideas on this?? I know that the network settings are all correct.
thanks

adigi 05-06-2003 01:11 PM

IPconfig

I have the same damn problem. I suspect the wireless card casued it and see others have the same issue.

It appears to a tech I know that the tcpip.sys file is not being found at startup (we saw a few events saying so).

I have done about everything, am now trying to reinstall the OS, going back to Win2000 Pro.

05-13-2003 05:52 PM

ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew <-:

dlink? thats your problem right there.

tronz 08-09-2003 01:57 AM

tronz

Win2K or WinXP
Cause of problem trying to uninstall Norton AntiVirus or System. I have DHCP problem fix.
I got 2 Solution First try this.
* from the Start Menu select run
* type 'regedit' and click OK
* open the following folders, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services, and finally Dhcp.
* Double-click the key DependOnService
* remove what will probably be the last item in the list, something like SYMTDI. Leave everything else alone
* click OK.
* close RegEdit and reboot.

DHCP should work again.

Should a problem come up (messing up the registry entries) you can also press F8 (or is it F5?) and select Use Last Known Good Configuration from the boot menu. That will restore various registry entries to what was used last.

I'm not sure why Norton installs this key. For some types of firewall software a dependency like this is added to ensure the firewall is running before DHCP grabs an address. Of course, Norton Anti-Virus should have removed this dependency when it was unistalled. Clearly its a bug in the uninstall routine.

Second Solution
To edit the registry:

1.Click Start, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
2.Type regedt32.exe in the Run box, and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
3.In the left pane, navigate to each of the following subkeys:
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT
4.In the right pane, double-click the item DependOnService.
5.Delete any references to SYMTDI or NISDRV.
6.Click Registry and click Exit to save the changes and close the Registry Editor.

Should the fix the Problem :)

rhycher 01-10-2004 11:28 AM

XP ipconfig probelm.....

I have read here that a few people have had this problem. Anyone ever have any results fixing it at all? I upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

ipconfig
--------------------------------
Windows IP Configuration
An internal error occurred: The request is not supported.
Additional Information: Unable to query routing information.