Techwarelabs Community

Techwarelabs Community (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/index.php)
-   Vendor Labs (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   This is Great!!! (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/showthread.php?t=4238)

PolarFLO 08-28-2003 03:59 PM

This is Great!!!

Hello to all! Thank you James and staff for getting this going so fast. :o

PolarFLO is proud to be a member of this Vendor Labs forum. Please feel free to post questions and/or comments to this forum regarding PolarFLO products. Other questions of a more general nature are also welcome!

I will see if we can get the other posts I have made to this forum (answering questions and such) cross posted here. That may help get things going. Resellers may wish to link to this forum to help customers with specific questions.

Best Regards to all!!

Jason 08-28-2003 04:08 PM

PolarFlo,

Awesome to have you aboard. I know our members will love having you on board. I know I have a few questions for you:

1. You water cool your own rig right?

2. Any special killer block you use on your home system? Like a solid Gold PolarFlo?

3. Any other goodies you got upcoming? Come on gimme the lowdown.

4. Whats your main rig?

That will be all for the next five minutes

Omega 08-29-2003 12:10 AM

Other than appearance, is there any real difference between the Blue Anodize and Black Anodize PolarFLO blocks, or for that matter, the chrome plated or gold plated top?

I never really thought that the top of the waterblock mattered much, since the primary heat exchange takes place at the waterblock base and the radiator.

If the top of the waterblock does serve a heat dissipation purpose, has PolarFLO ever considered making something like a combination heatsink and waterblock, so heat could be disapated from the waterblock itself more efficiently, in addition to having heat carried away by water? Why wouldn't a copper top be offered, if heat dissipation from the top of the block matters?

Jason 08-29-2003 06:33 AM

Heatsink style waterblocks never really worked, I would think mainly because the fins slow down the water too much. But how about milling the top side of the waterblock to match the base, increase heat transfer?

I think the base is where heat transfer is most important and thats why its copper. If the entire waterblock had to be made from copper I can just image the cost of it.

PolarFLO 08-29-2003 11:26 AM

Sorry for not getting back to your questions about my rigs... i will post a blurb about that and some of the upcoming items later today.

As for your questions about the heatsink/water combo... There is no real benefit to either anodizing or plating other than corrosion resistance. The plating and anodizing choices are out there exclusively for another degree of choice. We don't want to lock everybody into the same color. Blue is the most common color for water blocks. We thought, why not let people choose a different color. The aluminum top is not a huge part of the cooling cycle. Making the top out of copper would make it too heavy and too $$$.

We now offer a special clip for the AMD motherboards without mounting holes. The clips are nice because you can attach the PolarFLO to the chip in about 3-4 minutes... You heard it here first... they go up for sale today on our website www.polarflo.com . The clips are great if you don't feel like removing the motherboard. We are taking orders now but the first lot of clips won't be arriving until next week.

Best to all.

Jason 08-29-2003 02:25 PM

Awesome move man. I know that the main reason some people do go watercooled is because they have boards without the four holes around the socket and the choice of waterblocks that use the clips is limited.

Great move.

eviltechie 08-29-2003 07:38 PM

yeah!
but would there be any size restrictions?
would any caps on the mobos get in the way of that thing?

PolarFLO 08-29-2003 07:52 PM

Nope... no size restrictions. Very strong, very thin Electrogalvanized Steel. Super stuff. This clip is great because its easy to use. place clip on the socket then place the PolarFLO on the cpu add the 4 screws and tighten! That's it! Plus it does not hinder or hide the beauty of the PolarFLO since it attaches at the bottom. :rolleyes:

Here are a few pics...

Best to all.

eviltechie 08-29-2003 07:55 PM

would you recommend a cpu shim so the core wont get crushed by that monster waterblock and the screws on the clip?

PolarFLO 08-29-2003 08:04 PM

If it helps you sleep at night. I would not super-tighten these screws, but hand tight will not break the cpu. The kit comes with screws. If a guy (or gal) wanted to, they could get some springs, cpu shim and some long 6-32 screws. But for all practical purposes hand tightened screws do it well.
The clip places the PolarFLO directly centered on the cpu.

I guess i can only post three pix at a time. Here's another pic or two.