Techwarelabs Community

Techwarelabs Community (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/index.php)
-   Operating Systems (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ANOTHER NEWBIE ???? HELP!!! (https://www.techwarelabs.com/community/showthread.php?t=9692)

FANCY02 06-07-2004 08:11 AM

ANOTHER NEWBIE ???? HELP!!!

:shake: :/ I have finally got my 1st build pc finished. Yes it was my psu that was bad. nNow my problem is, after I boot and everything is loaded Windows XP H.E. freezes or is running so slow that the system is busy and I cant open anything. Any ideas what could be wrong???And my second question, how do I find the temp for my computer. Do I need software to moniter the temps.
Thanks for all and any help!!
FANCY02 :(

StinkyMojo 06-07-2004 09:42 AM

what are your specs?

Prometheus 06-07-2004 03:06 PM

Reseat Ram
Check Power connections

vee_ess 06-07-2004 03:16 PM

First thing I would do is to put all the default or lowest performance settings in the BIOS for stability and disable plug-and-play. You might want to format and re-install XP.

Prometheus 06-07-2004 03:24 PM

Start in safe mode push f8 when you boot

FANCY02 06-07-2004 05:57 PM

SORRY!!! it's that newbie syndrome. POWERMAX DEMON ATX CASE
POWERMAX DEMON 650 PSU
INTEL D875PBZ W/HT
INTEL P4 2.80E 1-MB L2 CACHE W/HT
SAPPHIRE RADEON ATLANTIS 9200 256MB
WESTERN DIGITALl WD1600JB Special Edition 160GB 7200RPM
UATA-100 8MB Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 512MB DDR400 PC3200
CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER LIVE DIGITAL 5.1
2- MAD DOG 52X CD BURNERS
SONY FLOPPY

I did start with just default bios, also how do all the temp things work? In the bios mine says pr- 120f, zone1 95f, zone2 91f. I dont know if this is good or bad for temperature, and what areas do zone1 and zone 2 cover
Thanks I need all the help i can get
FANCY02

Prometheus 06-07-2004 07:45 PM

Wow nice system

Again I say reseat the RAM and check all connections

If that fails boot windows in safe mode run virus checking disc space checking etc.......

Also set a bigger paging file

Right click on my computer and go to properties and look around for it.....

ashin10 08-10-2004 01:45 AM

Check ur memory card. when you first boot ur pc with ur systems, delete ur previous formats and redo it, that might help the freezing. Or u might have a problem with ur system program. and temps folder is in ur hard drive---> windows---> temps.

demetriuscrisco 10-06-2004 08:56 PM

:) I can help!

Yea, same thing happened to me. Like it was terriable slow.. like i ahve a -4 2.4 sustrem, not that slow... but when i clicked start it would tak elike 15 seconds to appear... I dont know everyhting about your problem, all i know is that we had the simalar problem, and if this dosnt work for you, dont get mad, b cuz this is how i fixed it.

1. Click Start
2. Click run
3. Type in msconfig
4. This is where it gets fuzzy, since i did this a LONG time ago. But you need to play around with this...I am correct i clicked selective startup, or maby it was diagnostic, I dont remember.

~If you dont wanna have these annoying microsoft problems, just delete windows, and install Linux. i suggest Redhat, or mandrake. but thats just me . 8) ~

(When i said delete windows, i meant in general, I diddnt mean delete the windows folder, this post kinda makes me sound mean, but in alot of forums there are alot of ppl who will try and burn you on everything they can, I am a Long time reader of TWL (like 2-3years) But I desited to start posting ! :) ) you will be seeing alot more of me.

If you see somthign wrong with my post (somthing incorrect, like commads please fix it)

vee_ess 10-06-2004 09:52 PM

Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and go to the Processes tab. Click the CPUcolumn twice so that you can see what is using the processor the most. Tell us what it is. It's likely where you'll find the problem. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.