Thread: News for Friday
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 04:30 PM
akimoto

Default News for Friday

Hexus delivers a review of the Springdale Shuttle SB61G2 - "Performance-wise, the SB61G2 didn't disappoint with a discrete Radeon 9800 Pro hogging the AGP port. Performance was just where we'd have put it beforehand, that is, sandwiched between the Canterwood and i845PE (200FSB) chipsets. The very fact that such performance can be attained from such a little package is a bewildering thought. You can add whatever extra the cube doesn't feature by utilising the single PCI slot."

Another Springdale MoBo review, PCStats will rave about the Albatron PX865PE Pro II i865PE Springdale Motherboard Review - "With the release of mainstream i865 chipsets today there will be soon an influx of new Pentium 4 motherboards on the market from which to choose. Albatron have never been one to sit ideally by and pass on a technology advancement; so grab a coffee and get ready to follow long as we test drive the all new Albatron PX865PE Pro II motherboard. The PX865PE Pro II is of course based on Intel's freshly launched i865PE Springdale chipset, which coincidentally enough, actually launched in spring. Boasting support for 400MHz, 533MHz and 800MHz FSB based Pentium 4's (Northwood or Prescott core) processors, the Springdale chipset forms the basis of Intel's 'mainstream' dual channel DDR chipset strategy. The only downside to Springdale is that the i865 no longer carries on support for older 'Williamette' based Pentium 4 processors, or even socket 478 Celeron CPUs for that matter. After testing the AOpen i865 AX4SPE MAX motherboard we were generally impressed with what it brought to the table. Stock performance was good, and the board was loaded to the gills with features. We expect the Albatron PX865PE Pro II will have a lot of "goodies" as well, and hopefully offer a little more in terms of overclocking."

remote control your rig, or so demands ModAsylum - "To fully understand remote controlling, let's figure a TV and VCR set with it's remote controls. The way the remote controls work, is generally using IR (Infrared). Infrared is light which is not visible to the human eye. The IR signal sent from the remotes to the devices (TV or VCR) are pulses of that "invisible" light arranged in a way the TV or VCR will understand, a little like your modem pulses electric signals to send/receive information with your ISP."

Overclockers NZ posts a guide on DDR RAM overclocking - "The Mushkin Enhanced Dual Black High Performance Level II 3200 512MB and 1GB have similar overclocking potential. The Mushkin Level II's performance is marginally lower the famous Corsair XMS range; however, given the price difference, Mushkin Level II would be a better choice for the price sensitive customers."

have a good weekend

TWL Staff