View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Electronics Veteran
Techie

Send a message via AIM to R4D10Active Send a message via MSN to R4D10Active Send a message via Yahoo to R4D10Active
Default Fundamentals are Fun

Well if you are sure it is his real name and where he lives..... contact his local authorities. There is more you can do to fix the problem, but I agree with Jason because that would guarantee that any trojan or script kiddy crap he put on your box would be history. If you really want to save your box, be prepared to do a metric butt ton of work to fix it. That is what I would do, and I would guarantee you would learn alot about the in's and out's of your OS by doing it. Also, the pain of fixing it the hard way will definitely make you think twice the next time you are propositioned by someone to "help" you with running a server.

Programming? Honestly, I would recommend you go visit your local library and learn to crawl before running a marathon. Why a library? Well back in the days before google (which I do love) I found books were a good way to keep my interest on the subject at hand. With sites you are going to get side tracked with pop-ups and IMs and eventually you will just stop learning.

Either way,
Best of luck....

That which is to emit light must first endure the flame.

"The 'C' students run the world" - Harry S. Truman