Thread: ** Hacking **
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason425
Situations:
A: some kid is curious and asks about hacking, someone shuns him away, he gets pissed, finds that info somewhere else (this is the internet..) and wipes out the site that wouldn't help him
B: same kid comes and asks, someone that has been there done that says some things, everyone is happy..

besides, of course it's "bad" and it's illegal, so if you do it, you go to jail.. that should be deterence enough, but shouldn't limit the innocent oerson's opportunity to learn
True. A person's opportunity to learn shoudln't be limited. I agree with you in whole on that one Jason. But also take into consideration the percent chance of that person coming back and actually attacking our site. We know no one here would shun him off in a manner to make him mad. We'd handle it properly and notify him of our proposition on informing members on how to hack is wrong, and hopefully he'd abide to that in a mature manner. The percent chance of the guy getting mad at us turning him down and hacking us as retality would probably be the same chance as us giving him some pointers as mentioned in your B situation, and him coming back at us, (of course with us not knowing he had already wanted to hack us from the start)...

This is all just my take on the whole situation...we all are entitled to our own opinions, and I shouldn't of singled out Merc in that case. It was wrong and childish.