View Single Post
Old 10-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Greg Orza

hello, this is exactly how my network is setup without a router and using 2 nics

computer hoooked up to modem has 2 nics, one nic to the modem and the other nic connected WITH A CROSSOVER CABLE to the other nic whereever your other computer it. the after everything is connected, run xp's internet connection sharing wizard and then it will work. just install the .exe xp makes on the client machine then it should be connected. MAKE SURE ITS SPECIFICALLY A CROSSOVER CABLE!!!!!! it runs about 35 cents a foot at home depot or just go to your local computer store and tell him what u need. dont go to best buy or anything becuase IF they even carry it, itll be way to expensive. so just keep the card thats plugged into the modem the same. keep that connected to the modem, add the other nic, run the cables then the wizard. if u haev any questions you can email me at xbanex@equalvision.net you can also do it manually by setting the ip address to a network ip address of 192.168.0.1 and then the client to 192.168.0.2 and point the dns server to 192.168.0.1 its really easy. are u interested in selling or trading that router.. I need a router but im just reallly short on cash.

Greg Orza